💙Chapter 5 - A fox & a harbinger💙

Nika woke up from her sleep the next morning drowsy and still tired as she looked around her surroundings. She realized that she was back in her room at the inn she laid back down and tried to remember what happened the other day. Oh right, I came back after spending time with Rei and Qiqi the other day. Then I bothered Xiao for a bit and I fell asleep, did he bring me to my room? Nika decided to thank him later for spending time with her and decided to take a nice bath before heading out to see Rei again. She wanted to know when they we're going to be heading off to the next nation and maybe if she could also lend her some mora to get some new clothes. Nika decided to go find Zhongli first because she wanted to find out if Rei had a favorite food that she liked. Nika wanted to show her gratitude for her companion putting up with her and all the trouble she always got into. She happily left the inn and made her way towards the harbor her energy back after being fully rested. Although, one she reached the city she became more excited when she saw the Fatui harbinger she had seen a couple of days ago when Rei handed over her father's gnosis to Signora. Nika couldn't believe her luck she was here alone without Rei telling her to stay away, she quickly went to hide nearby to get a loser look.

" I can't believe he's here, I want to talk to him! But what do I say?" she asked to no one in particular.

" Yeah, I can't believe he's still here he's supposed to be heading off on his next mission." came a voice from behind her.

Nika jumped and turned to find Rei standing behind her.

Rei crossed her arms as she looked at Nika who was looking away.

" Seriously? After I told you to stay away? I shouldn't be surprised at this point but it was to be expected. Lucky for you, I managed to talk to Lady Yae and told her everything . She has allowed me to let you talk to Childe on the condition that you don't get too carried away."

Nika's ears perked up, " Really? I can go talk and be friends with him?"

Rei sighed, " Yes, only because I have somewhere I have to go and I can't leave you alone for a second so I decided to have C hilde to watch over you. As much as I don't think that's a good idea I figured I shouldn't be so hard on you and I decided to give you permission to at least do that."

" Wait! Really? Will I get to spend the whole day with him? I can't wait, I have so much I want to talk about and how he's so handsome, oh I want to know if he doesn't have a girlfriend yet!" Nika rambled on

Rei could tell that she was pretty excited since she had been dying to be introduced to him since she first saw him but she was pretty hesitant since at first she was not allowed to and the other reason was because she didn't like childe. But now it seemed like she was being given a little bit more freedom so she decided to just go along with it. So after Nika calmed down Rei told her to follow her and Nika did as she asked, while being excited she was also nervous at the same time. Rei was the first to approach and begrudgingly greet Childe who seemed pretty happy to see her.