💚Chapter 3 - Learning more about Rei 💚

Rei went around to find some type of present she could give her companion although she didn't really like her options so she decided to make something herself. She managed to buy a few things she needed before starting to make the gift she wanted to give Nika, once she completed her project she placed it inside a small fancy box she had gotten the last time she had been home.

" All right now that its done I should probably head back and actually give it to her."

As she walked back she wondered how the conversation between Nika and her father, she hoped that Nika didn't have any questions she could have asked her father about her. Of course with Nika being a curious and very pushy fox, she had somewhat gotten a few bits of information about Rei. So when she returned Nika was quiet and awkwardly welcomed her back, she sighed and sat down next to her father before asking what he had told her.

" Umm, sorry, I just wanted to know more about you, why you had those talismans and why you ran off so quickly away from the inn."

Rei sighed, before she glanced at her father.

" I understand that you wanted to keep things to yourself but she is your companion now and the two of you will be traveling together for awhile. She should at least know a little about you considering she did tell me she's tried to take off your talismans multiple times now."

Rei groaned, " Fine then, Nika you and I will have a chat about that later for now, what do you want to do?"

Nika thought for a moment, she really wanted to wander around the harbor a little more and read the journals to see if there were anymore clues as to where they could search next.

" Can we walk around the harbor a bit more before we head back to the inn?"

Rei sent her a glare and Nika immediately apologized.

" Sorry, I mean before I head back to rest. Oh wait I'll be right back, I just remembered something!" Nika said before taking off.

Zhongli chuckled, " I see you have your hands full with her, she used to much more calm when she was younger. Well, that is until she learned how to walk."

Rei took a sip of her tea, " Yeah she has a lot more energy than I do, by the way, are we really not going to tell her who she's really looking for?"

" You know very well we aren't allowed to,"

" Yeah, Lady Yae asked us not to. Well, more like we made a contract with her and she asked us not to tell her since she thinks it's best for her to find the truth herself."

Zhongli took a moment an looked at Rei, she had changed so much in the time he last saw her which was a few days before she left Liyue for a year. While she did tell him if she had any problems or she wanted to talk about something that could be bothering her or was on her mind, Zhongli felt like he wasn't doing enough to help her and keep her happy.

" You've been staring at me for a long time, do I have something on my face?" Rei asked noticing her father staring at her.

" No, it's just.." he trailed off.

" You worry about me to much you know,"

" You're my only daughter, of course I worry about you. I'm just worried about what happened before you left and I'm worried about you now."

Rei sighed, " Well, there's no reason for you to worry about me right now. Honestly, I'm doing just fine. And besides, I've decided to forget about that incident last year, it doesn't do me any good remembering it."

Zhongli nodded and decided to change the subject. The two of them continued to chat before he excused himself to get back to work, he hoped to see her again if she did decide to stay longer. After he left Rei decided to finish her tea and go look for Nika since she was taking quite awhile to return. Although before she could begin her search Nika was already coming back and she seemed pretty excited about something. Rei welcomed her back and let Nika know that her father had left a few moments ago. Of course, Nika hoped they could talk to him again as she still had many other questions she didn't get to ask. Rei asked her why she had run off so suddenly and Nika happily handed her some Glaze Lily's she had picked. Apparently, she had spotted them when she got distracted awhile ago when she first got here and she thought Rei would like them. Rei thanked her and told her she actually had a gift to give her which of course made Nika really excited and couldn't wait to see what it was. Rei handed her a small fancy looking box and Nika excitedly opened it to find a pretty flower hair pin.