[ Chapter Eight ]

"You have to wear the mask, Kyubok. You don't want people to know who you are and start swarming you," Hoseok said, struggling to have the toddler wear the black face mask.

"No! Don't wanna," the pup protested, pushing his dad's hands away from his face.

Hoseok sighed to himself. The pup was currently wearing a white sweater, blue jeans, and black bucket hat, matching with Yoongi since the pup had insisted. "Kyubok.. just put it on. Mama is also going to wear it," Hoseok pleaded.

The pup's eyes lit up, grabbing the face mask and putting it on himself. Hoseok chuckled at how the pup had put on the mask, he had put it backwards. The alpha took the mask off, fixing it for the toddler.

Hoseok stood up, fixing the collar of his black turtle neck before putting on a black coat. They had to stay warm as it was November and the weather was beginning to become cold in Korea. Hoseok walked towards the toddler's closet, opening it to search for a jacket for the pup. He settled on a black fluffy jacket for the pup, closing the closet after his decision.

"Come on, let's go," the alpha said while walking out of the pup's room, the toddler following close behind.

They walked in to the living room where Yoongi was waiting patiently, his face being covered by a black mask and bucket hat. The omega was holding a cream colored tote bag that was filled with an extra pair of clothes and snacks for the pup.

"You ready?" Hoseok asked, handing Yoongi the black jacket, the omega folding it before placing it inside the bag. "Mhm," Yoongi hummed, getting up from his seat on the couch.

"Where we going?" The pup asked.

Yoongi quickly looked at Hoseok was was scratching the back of his neck. The two hadn't told the pup about the doctor's appointment as Hoseok didn't want the toddler to start crying about it.

"Well.. umm.." Hoseok quickly looked at Yoongi, hoping the omega was able to think of something. "We're going to the grocery store. Don't you remember Hoseok, we have to get more groceries since the fridge is practically empty," Yoongi said to the pup. It wasn't entirely a lie, the fridge was indeed empty.

"Oh, right! Yea, the grocery store, thanks for reminding me," Hoseok responded, smiling at Yoongi for coming up with a quick excuse.

"Oh.. buy cookie!" The pup said, lifting his up so one of them could pick him up, receiving a chuckle from his father.

"Alright, we'll get cookies," Hoseok said, picking up the pup before walking towards the front door.

♪♫♪

The muffled sobs of a toddler could be heard easily in the quiet waiting room of the children clinic. All eyes were on the couple that had just walked in, a crying pup in the arms of the omega, his face stuffed in the omega's scent gland.

"Shh.. it's okay," Yoongi whispered in the pup's ear, rubbing the pup's back gently.

"No wanna doctor," the pup cried out.

Yoongi sighed to himself, ignoring the pup's plead as he sat down on one of the chairs near the entrance door while Hoseok had gone to the front desk to check Kyubok in for his appointment.

The alpha came back a few moments later, sitting next to the omega and Kyubok. The toddler was quick to acknowledge his father's presence, lifting his head up from Yoongi's neck to meet his father's eyes with his own glossy eyes.

"P-Pawpa.. no please. No doctor..." the toddler pleaded, letting out a high-pitched cry shortly after the alpha shook his head. Everyone in the waiting room was certainly staring at the trio now.