Part 1 - Autumn

Explosions. Plasma fire. Longswords zipping past the ship at high speeds. It filled the ears of everyone inside. It became hard to hear outside the Bridge, mainly anywhere else in the ship. Marines and the Sargents getting ready to move in the Hanger and everything moving all at once.

And then a sound. A quiet.... Hiss.

The Spartan II opened his eyes, looking down at himself. His armor remained green, and strong. Unbroken, even after Reach. The man outside the pod looked at him, having opened the cryogenic pod originally. He looked between the two pods, and the two Spartan IIs. He also was the first to speak.

"I apologize sirs, but captain needs you on the bridge Asap. Had to double dose you to get you up fast, so if you stumble or feel weak, just take it a little slower but don't stop."

Floyd stood in the pod, looking to his left. There stood John, the smaller but stronger of his brethren. The two hopped down from their pod and looked to the door, as the officer looked above to the observation deck above "You should get to your EVAC team Sam!"

The man above, apparently named Sam, nodded and turned to the door, as it exploded open. Not even seconds later, he was cut off before his first words by A plasma round to the chest.
"They are trying- ahhhh!"
The plasma round scorched through the man's torso, his lack of armor being the definite cause for his death. The cloth did little but get in the plasma's way as it burned a hole through him.

"Sam, No!!! We need to get you both to the Bridge, now!" The Man before them began running, leading them to a Hallway as they jogged behind him. As he reached to open a door, IT exploded from the other side, caving it shut and killing the man. Floyd grabbed the Man's side arm from his... Yknow, side.

"I remember the Layout of the ship. Follow Close John." He hurdled the large pipes between the hallways and began leading chief Along, the two watching the destruction of the ship, unable to help. Eventually they made it to a Marine, a Young lieutenant who looked up at them being that they were 7'2" and 7'6" respectively.

"Sirs! Captain needs you on the Bridge!" He turned and kept leading them, chief tailing much closer than Floyd as Floyd covered their rear. Upon making it to the door, he looked at John.

"Head inside and get our orders, Ill hold the door out here."

"Understood." Chief nodded and headed into the Bridge to go meet with the captain. Shortly after he left, a few grunts arrived and began firing at Floyd. Admittedly, his aim was a little off because of his eyes being still... Moderately blurry from waking up, but a few shots to the head were enough to take down the grunts.

Chief returned, Magnum in hand. "Orders are to get Cortana off the ship, most likely onto the ring below." He held out his hand as a blue ai appeared.

"Understood, Ill follow your lead." Floyd nodded, as the two began cutting their way through halls. They would each find MA5Bs of their own, making their way through until a large open room. The room was 2 floors in total, with a staircase in the middle. The bottom floor was all Marines, holding their own somewhat as they fired upon the top floor. The top floor contained one or two elites and about 4-5 grunts.

Cortana called out, seeing the shadows meaning there was one Directly above them "Covenant, on the landing above us!"

Floyd wasted no time. Having had the time in the halls to get re-acquainted with combat, he jumped and caught the edge of the next floor, hoisting himself in a flip motion over the edge to kick an elite in the knee. However he definitely miscalculated and missed the elite completely, nailing a grunt In the head with Enough force to shatter it's skull. Regardless, he punched the next elite with an uppercut motion and drew his rifle, firing a burst of 8 shots into its jaw now that it had no shield, killing it. Once he finished his half of the floor he checked the other half, seeing chief had also cleared his side. They began leading the Marines below, keeping them and the crew as safe as they could until they reached the life pods.

Chief looked at Floyd. "One left, get inside."

The life pod was completely full, leaving chief to stand in the middle of it with a hand on the bar above for stability. Tight fit. Too tight.

"Negative. You get her off the ship, Im going to head back to Keyes to make sure that he is protected when we go down."

".... Understood. Good luck 181."
The two nodded at each other.
" same to you, 117."

As Floyd backed away, the Life pod launched and was sent flying towards the ring below. Now that he waited for nobody he began sprinting his way back to the Bridge at top speed, which admittedly made it hard to navigate at around 32 MPH. Upon making it back to the Bridge, he looked at the Captain and his team.

"Chose to stay behind Spartan?" Keyes looked up at Floyd.

"Yes sir. 117 is off the station with Cortana, headed for the ring. Figured you could use assistance once we touch down."

Keyes chuckled "you figured right Spartan. Brace yourself, because we are going in for a Hard landing."

Floyd gripped a nearby chair that was bolted to the ground, hoping to keep himself stable as they crashed towards the planet.

The Truth of the Rings - A Halo storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें