Chapter Five - Concern

I lay on the floor in front of the fire doing homework. Harry was on the sofa reading, he had been quiet for a long while. Later on Hermione and Ron joined us.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Hermione questioned and I looked up to them. Harry put one of his hands forward

"Nothing." I sat up properly

"The other hand." Hermione pulled it out and there on the back of his hand was a wound, a wound in the for of the words. I must not tell lies. I snatched his hand away from Hermione and looked up. Why that little toad face.

"You have to tell Dumbledore." I state

"No." Harry took his hand back

"Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. Anyway. I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction." he went back to holding the textbook.

"Bloody hell, the woman's torturing you. If the parents knew about this...." Ron was cut off

"I haven't got any of those, have I, Ron?" Hermione glanced at me and nodded her head to Harry.

"Harry. It's simple you're being...."

"No, it's not. Vega, whatever this is, it's not simple. You don't understand." he packed up his things

"Then make me." he got up and left I shake my head "If he won't say something I will. To Sirius." I got up and ran upstairs grabbing my things to write a a letter"

Dearest Cousin,

I wish my first letter from Hogwarts was a happy one, though given what's going on in the world, I doubt you'd expect any different. But this is a letter of concern. The Powers that be have put a frog face spy in the heart of our home, what's worse is that said spy has cruel means of punishment.

A fresh wound has appeared on his hand with I must not tell lies, this proceeds a argument witnessed in class, where yet again those who believe in lies bury their head in the sand. For some reason AD is distant and HP refuses to go and bother him. I however thought that by bringing it to you, you might help in some way.

As I'm writing this down I can imagine you not having faith in some of the teacher but I think, in this matter I know of one that is always approachable and will know what to do in the here and now.

All my best.

Your young cousin.

I sent the letter off and then headed back downstairs, past Ron and Hermione to see Professor McGonagall. I knocked on her door and waited

"Enter." I opened the door and she was at her desk "Miss Malfoy, is something the matter?" she questioned over her glasses.

"Yes." I sat myself down "I don't know if you heard but there was a....heated discussion between Harry and Professor Umbridge."

"It was brought to my attention, yes." she confirmed

"Well the thing is, she hurt Harry. I don't know exactly how she did it, maybe a cursed/enchanted object but Harry had a fresh wound on his hand that says I must not tell lies." She removed her glasses "Harry refuses to say anything but I felt that I should."

"This is a serious allegation."

"I know but one that is provable, you only need to look at his hand or ask the other to confirm."

"I see, thank you for bringing this to my attention, Miss Malfoy." I nodded and stood up taking my leave and returning to my room.

-------

The next morning I sat eating breakfast. Harry wasn't here, in fact he was till being distant. Ron was literally stuffing his face.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione questioned him

"What? I'm Hungry." Ron replied with his full mouth

"That's disgusting, don't speak with your mouth full, Ronald." I scold him with a scowl then turn away. My expression changes to a small smile seeing Harry.

"Can I join you?" he asks apprehensively, I didn't get a chance to say anything because I heard a argument outside of the hall.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" I heard the ribbets of frog face. We got up and left the hall to see what was going on.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall scolded the pink lady.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if your questioning my authority in my own classroom...Minerva." Pinkie raised one stepped to seem higher

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." McGonagall copied her actions.

"I am sorry dear. But to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." that struck a nerve with my favourite professor.

"Disloyalty." she breathed and pinkie stepped up once more

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." she declared and I feared this was only the beginning of what was to be our worst year here.