Chapter Twenty - Difficult decisions

I was walking to the library when I turned the corner and bumped into someone. I fell to the ground and looked up. There stood my brother, I rose to my feet and we stared at one another for a moment. Then I gathered my things and moved around him.

"Why did you do it?" he asked making me turn around "Why did you help put him away? You stood there and looked at our father as you sent him to Azkaban."

"He tried to kill me." I answered

"But he's our father."

"No, he stopped being my father they night he heeded the summons of the Dark Lord. A father, a parent is supposed to protect their children, not put them in danger. He's done that to the both of us...I'm sure." I answer adjusting the bag on my shoulder

"You changed your last name."

"I did, in honour of a man that gave and had more paternal love for me than the man that created me and in honour of mother who never gave up on me despite what family legacy told her she should do. My choice was not a slight against you but him. Have a good evening Draco." I turned and left, instead of going to the library, I went back to the common room. I sat in my usual spot by the fire for I don't know how long when someone sat next to me.

"What Happened?" Harry asked me and my eyebrows furrowed "You always sit by the fire when something is wrong. What is it?" he wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I literally ran into my brother. He brought up our father and my name change. Can we just leave it at that." he hummed in agreement which I was grateful for.

--------

At the weekend it was Quidditch tryouts since most of the team had left last year. Harry, Ginny and I gathered on the Quidditch pitch as we were the more permanent members. Ron was the only one actually ready to do this.

"Okay so this morning, I'm going to be putting you all through a few drills. Just to assess your strengths " the carried on chatting "Quiet please."

"Oi, you morons shut up!" I yelled and they all became silent. Harry looked back at me

"Thanks. All right um. just because some of you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year is that clear?" they didn't answer "Good" We all got up in the air

"Cormac, Ron. Your first test is going up against our best chaser. Vega here." he told the two "You have to block her from scoring." the took a goal post at each end of the pitch. Harry nodded to me.

"Okay." I went around the pitch and weaved in and out not saying who I would go to. But the first was Cormarc, who blocked it the first couple of times and then I went at Ron who wasn't as graceful but kept me from scoring. Even though at one point he was hanging off his broom. Then I tried it with other potential chasers. Cormac missed twice to his confusion. In the end, Ron got the spot.

The four of us sat in the Common room. Ron was sat cross legged on the sofa. Harry and Hermione were sat either side of him and I was lying between them with my head resting against Harry and my legs over Hermione's Three of us were reading

"I have to admit, I thought I was gonna miss that last one. I hope Cormac's not taking it to hard." I shared a look with Harry and Hermione before retiring to the latest edition of the Quibbler "He's got a bit of a thing for you, Hermione. Cormac." Ron told her.

"He's vile." she replied

"V. Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempra?" he showed me the potions book

"Nope." I shook my head

"Hermione?" he then asked

"No I haven't. And if you had a shred of self respect you'd hand that book in." she snapped back. She was a tad touchy because he was now top of the class and doing better than any of us were in potions.

"Not bloody likely. He's top of the class. He's even better than you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks he's a genius." Rom replied I slap my friends leg.

"Do you have a death wish."

" Besides the bigger question is who did the book previously belong to." Hermione tapped my legs and I moved she went to get the potions book. Harry got all twitchy

"No." he denied

"Why?"

"The binding is fragile." he replied as I got up and snuck behind him

"The binding is fragile." I snatched the book and opened it reading the inside of the book cover.

"Who is the half blood prince?" I wonder reading out the name

"Who?"

"Quote 'This book is the property of the Half blood Prince'" I read out. Harry gets anxious so I give him the book back, he sulks over at a table while I shake my head and return to reading the quibbler.