Chapter Seven - Our Own Order

Hermione and I worked together and we had it planned for the most part. We got word around that anyone who wanted to learn how to defend themselves against the real threat would meet us the next trip out, then we gave them the meeting place. Which chose the Hogshead it was the less popular drinking establishment compared to the three broomsticks which we would surely have been spotted.

"This is mad. Who'd want to be taught by me? I'm a nutter remember." Harry stressed as we made our way to the Hogs head

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron assures him, we all had our own nickname for her, I stuck with froggie personally but that was me.

"Thanks, Ron."

"I'm here for you mate."

"You know sometimes I think the two of you should get a room. Your like a old married couple." I roll my eyes with a small smile

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" Harry wondered

"Just a couple of people." Hermione told him a couple was a understatement. We got to the Hogshead first, it was deserted and out of the way, just what we needed for now. We opened the door and there was only a bartender and a goat there.

"Lovely spot." Ron commented

"We, thought it would be safer somewhere off the beaten track." I answered

------------

A lot had come, more than I thought would, but it didn't surprise me that after everything going on, people were either curious or willing. Hermione stood up.

"Um Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher, a proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts." she began.

"Why?" one of them asked

"Have you been sleeping? You -know-who's back you moron." I snapped at him while leaning back in my chair with my arms folded

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione countered

"Dumbledore says because he says. The point is where's the proof?" the same idiot spoke again

"It's all around you, your just not smart enough to see it. Tell you what ask your parents or grandparent how it all began the first time around, tosser." I argue, Harry rested his hand on my arm and I quietened down.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." another spoke up. Harry stood up, that got to him

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now." he retorted back then leant down to me "Come on, Vega. They're here because they think I'm some freak.". I rested my hand on his arm.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus charm?" Luna asked from the back and i turned to face her now standing up. He didn't answer

"Yes." I confirmed "I've see it."

"Blimey, Harry I didn't know you could do that." Dean was impressed as were the others.

"And killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville spoke up after hearing our stories. Ginny backed him up.

"Third year, he fought off about a hundred dementors at once." Ron added

"Ron, I'm pretty sure it was every single dementor." I scoff then sighed "Last year he really did fight of you-know who in the flesh."

"Wait." he stopped me

"Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." he told them

"He's just being modest." Hermione stated

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there when your a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like." he shakes his head. Out of instinct I intertwine my hand with his and we sat down.

"No, Harry we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating...Voldemort. We're gonna need your help." Hermione spoke his name

"he's really back?" Nigel asked and Harry nodded. One by one they signed their name committing to learning how to defend themselves.