Chapter Twenty Eight - Darkness

-3rd Person-

Darkness seeped over and into Hogwarts that night. Draco got up from his hospital bed and dressed himself. In his coat was a pocket watch, something that Narcissia had given him, inside was a picture he traced his finger over it the photo of him and his sister as children then closed it. He headed to the room of requirement and let his Aunt and Other death Eaters into the school via the vanishing cabinet.

Harry returned with Dumbledore from where the left. The astronomy tower. Dumbledore insisted that Snape came to attend up on him but before Harry could go, Draco arrived. the two missed each other as Harry hid below the deck just before Draco came above.

"Good Evening Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore questioned.

"Who else is here. I heard you talking." Draco retorted

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" There was a moment of silence as Draco came into view holding his wand up desperately "Draco you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." he struggled back

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison. Forgive me Draco, I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak the your heart can't really have been in them." Dumbledore replied

"He trust's me. I was chosen." Draco revealed his dark mark to Dumbledore

"Then I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore held his arms out. Draco disarmed him. From below Harry took out his wand and aimed it at Draco.

"Very good. Very good." Dumbledore complimented justas a door opened "You're not alone. There are others. How?"

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. I've been mending it." Draco tells him

"Let me guess it has a sister. A twin."

"In borgan and burkes. They form a passage."

"Ingenious. Draco years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." Draco shook his head overcome with emotion

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this, your life for hers. I can't lose her." Dumbledore stood straighter

"The power of the twins. My life in exchange for your sister. How could one compete." Dumbledore breathed

"All this time she was right, she got out and she's safe. I have to keep it that way. You die and he leaves her alone. I have no other choice." The other death eaters arrived. egging him on to kill Dumbledore. Snape came to Harry first with lowered wand and reiterating that he should keep quiet. He then went above and stopped Draco from killing Dumbledore. instead doing it himself.

-Vega-

My hairs on my arm and neck stood up. I jumped up from my seat and ran to the window. There from the clouds was someone falling.

"Guys!" I called "Look!" I pointed to out of the window. Those in the common room surrounded me as looked outside. I shoved past them and took off running, I down the stairs and outside into the courtyard skidding to a stop. There on the floor was Professor Dumbledore.

"Professor McGonagall!" I screamed "Professor McGonagall!" Ron and Hermione came as I ran for the professor

"Professor!" she came out of the classroom "It's Professor Dumbledore, you need to come quick." she came back outside and running over as I stopped with the others, then from the sky emerged the dark mark. She looked back at us with a solo look and stepped back as every other student came outside surrounding him.

I saw the familiar figure of Harry slowly walk past me and over to Dumbledore. He knelt beside him and mourned his mentor. I wiped away the tears and went over to Harry wrapping may arms around him as he cried.

-------------

The window in the great hall had been destroyed when the death eaters came through. But nothing compared to the loss of our headmaster. Now the four of us stood on the deck of the astronomy tower looking over the who school now basked in daylight.

"Do you think he would have done it? Draco?" I asked looking down

"No. No, he was lowering his wand. I think he wanted to, to protect you from Voldemort but Dumbledore talking about you, it made him lower it. I've been going over it in my head and I think you stopped him what you would say or do meant more to him. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." he handed me the necklace

"It's fake. Open it." I did so and there was a piece of parchment inside. I looked back to the others then the parchment.

"To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match that you will be mortal once more R.A.B. Why does that sound familiar? I swear I've heard it before."

"I don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it." he slipped his arms around my waste when we turned back to the others.

"I'm not coming back, V." He told me and I separated turning around "I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that will lead me. But I'll let the three of you know where I am, when I can." I glanced at Ron and Hermione

"You know. I've always admired your courage. But sometimes you're really dense. You really think that you'd be able to find those horcruxs on your own? You think we'd let you go alone?"

"You need us Harry." Hermione added

"I never realised how beautiful this place was." he commented as there was screech coming from the sky up above was Fawkes he descended and landed right in front of me. Bowing his head.

"Er, am I missing something?" I ask

"I think...I think Fawkes bowing to you." Harry stated

"No shit but why?" That was the big question to find out