Chapter Twenty two - Draco

We were now in the transfiguration Classroom, Snape was also called for as Professor M examined the necklace that I had levitated here.

"Are you sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the three broomsticks?" Professor M questioned Leanne.

"It's like I said. She left to go to the loo, and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she delivered it." Leanne answered shaken up by what had happened

"Did she say to whom?"

"To Professor Dumbledore."

"Very well Leanne, you may go." Leanne was dismissed and now it was on to the four of us. It seems like this was always the case.

"Why is it when something happens it is always you four?" she wondered

"Believe me, professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." Ron answered which was literally everyones truth. However by the fourth year, it was now kind of expected.

"Ah Severus." Professor M breathed when he arrived. He then examined the necklace. "What do you think?"

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Professor Snape answered

"She was cursed wasn't she?" Harry questioned "We know Katie. Off the Quidditch Pitch she shouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Dumbledore, she wasn't doing so knowingly."

"Yes she was cursed." Professor M agreed

"It was Malfoy." My head snapped towards him

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter." Professor McGonagall replied

"Indeed." Snape agreed "Your evidence?"

"I just know."

"Harry, please." I whisper asking him to drop this.

"You...just know. Once again you astonish me with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

"I suggest you go back to your dormitories, all of you." Professor M dismissed us and we left but I separated from the others

"Vega, where are you going." Harry called over. I didn't answer just raised my middle finger up at him. Where I was going was to find my brother, well not find. I snagged a first year.

"Wanna earn yourself 10 gallons?" his eyes widened and added "That you find Draco Malfoy and tell him this." I whispered in his ear and pulled away

"Got it."

"Yes." he ran off and I waited in the Astronomy tower. It was half an hour before Draco came running in.

"Vega!" he yelled but stopped shot seeing me lean against the wall "Are you okay? What happened?" he dropped to my side

"Nothing, I just had to get you alone and quick with no one seeing." I answer and he relaxed

"What do you want, Vega?" he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I wanted to see you. Not to have a argument." I looked him over. "You look rough, don't you eat these days." my eyebrows furrowed

"You wanted to catch up? After everything that's happened? You sent our father to jail." he stood up and began pacing

"I told you I had to. Draco." I pushed myself up to my feet "You weren't there, you didn't..." I struggled to speak for a moment.

"Draco, I know since coming here we haven't seen eye to eye. I get that, in truth we never really have. You buy into this whole blood purity thing and I don't, your favour our father when I favour mother. We're polar opposites in so many ways and it's only amplified since we got here. But I'm scared for you D. I always have been, my greatest non selfish fear is that our family gets you into something you know you shouldn't be doing.

My fear is that, it's going on right now. Right this second because I know you, the real you and that same irritating brother didn't come to school this year." I took his hands

"That's because you and your half blood boyfriend sent father to Azkaban." he snatched his hands away from me.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Draco. That's not the reason and you know it. I know I've said things in the past about our relationship but if anything you've just proved me wrong. You dropped everything the moment you thought I was hurt. That proves to me that you're not mad at me the way you say you are. Draco tell me what's going on, tell me and I can help." I held his face in my hands." he removed my hands and rested them at my side.

"Stay out of this, Vega."

"No!" I ran out in front of him, making him stay and I stared into his eyes then brushed his hair away. "It's happened hasn't it?" he didn't answer he just left me standing there alone. I closed my eyes and shake my head before returning to the common room.