Chapter 16

This story is finishing very soon. Hope you enjoy the last few chapters :)

Sorry for neglecting my stories recently. 

I have a love/hate relationship with technology.

Chapter 16

Armourland

Avan POV

I have never seen a woman so beautiful, never seen a woman so mesmerizing, so insatiable, so... incredible. I have never wanted anything, anybody so much in my entire life.

I’m glued to the floor in the doorway of her bedroom, watching her move around gracefully.

Music plays in the background, a song I have never heard before; I listen to the words,

'No more doubt about it
I wanna take you home
Take off your blindfold
And show you what I am
I wanna take you home
And find some new joy and
In this autopilot life
I wanna take you home
Slow down your heartbeat
And dry those glazing eyes
I wanna take you home
Black out our windows
And hold you till we die

What if the first step was leaving
And stepping outside in the cold, end
Facing the smoke and you’re lurching
Down the alleys, kiss me
And how many lives lived in fear now
And who do we call in the end, end

There was a pattern of errors
There was a life here to mend, mend…' Beautiful words for a beautiful woman.

“Who is this?” I ask quietly, not wanting her to stop her natural movements.

Annabell turns her head, smiling as she puts clothes away, “Everything Everything- Armourland. One of my favourite songs at the moment,” she murmurs.

One last pair of jeans are hung in the wardrobe before she turns back to face me, “Avan… tonight, today… thank you. For everything. It was so thoughtful, I don’t think I’ve smiled this much in... gosh, years!” Annabell blushes, biting her lip nervously.

“It was my pleasure. I wanted to do it, to see that smile on your face. It lights up my day.” My words incur another blush and a stunning shy smile.

To hide from my probing eyes, Annabell turns and sits at her maple wood dressing table, and begins to remove her makeup and jewellery; a face wipe in one hand while the other holds her long locks out of the way.

Why this seems like the most beautiful scene to me, I will never know.

Jolting me out of my dream world, Annabell starts talking, “what I said today… how I feel, I meant it.” Her voice is quiet, hesitant, “I hope that doesn’t scare you off…”

My jaw drops, “what does this mean for us?” I ask.

I am so scared for the answer, my knees are actually shaking.

Why did I ask such a life changing, nerve wracking question?

Am I an idiot?

No, ignore that! I don’t want to know the answer.

“I umm, I want... I can’t…”

My stomach somersaults, and twists in pain.

It’s over isn’t it?

“I can’t lose you Avan. I’m scared that if I give you a shot, and I’m not the girl for you, I’ll lose everything. You’re all I’ve got right now. The idea… the prospect of trying to carry on without you is petrifying.” Annabell stammers, airing her insecurities.

I am on my knees at her side in milliseconds, taking her quivering hands in mind, “I. Am. Yours.” I vow, “For as long as you’ll have me.”

~*~

Annabell POV

“I. Am. Yours. For as long as you’ll have me.”

That’s quite a commitment!

Does Avan really mean it? Or is he just keeping me sweet?

Why am I second guessing everything??

I never used to do this!!

Ricky really has fucked me up, hasn’t he?

“I- how- Ricky-, “ I pause over and over, unable to formulate the words correctly.

“Ricky? This is about Ricky!” Avan scolds himself, slapping himself in the face mildly, “of course it’s about Ricky. The douche bag ex who stole your trust in men. I should’ve known he was to blame.”

I lower my head in shame, and stay silent, hating how an insignificant, pathetic male has taken my belief, my trust, my honour, and turned me inside out, into an untrusting, cynical, hateful woman.

“Do you love me?”

Avan’s unusual question has my head flicking up sharply to look into his eyes, “of course I do.” I reply immediately, “You shouldn’t have to ask that question after I left myself bare today.”

“I’m sorry; I’m just trying to figure things out. You love me. I love you. Ricky is locked up. You are safe. I promise I will protect you. I would do anything for you Annabell. You are my world.”

His world?

HIS WORLD?

Wow... now that’s a declaration, and then some.

“Just give me a chance to prove I’m not like Ricky. Your submission, your trust, your heart… I don’t deserve any of it, but I am honoured that you have given me them. I respect you, your mind, your heart and your body, and would never do anything to harm you… unless you wanted it.” He mumbles the last bit, which has me biting my lip to hide the smirk making its way out.

The look of pure honesty on Avan’s face has me melting.

This man is a modern day Adonis.

He is my flame, my web, I am caught, mesmerised… his.

“Yes.” The word tumbles from my lips with ease.

“What?” Avan gasps, his face a picture!

I wish I had my camera.

“I said, yes.” I repeat, the beginnings of a goofy smile haunting my cheeks.

“Oh!” He gasps again, standing at such speed, “Oh Nannie!”

Bending over me, his lips skim mine gently, sharing a soft and teasing kiss.

One that will stay with me for the rest of my life; the smallest of kisses, but the one that portrayed every emotion reverberating through our bodies.

Avan and Annabell.

Happy Nannie!!