Chapter 18

Next chapter will be filled with action, blood and swearing. Just be warned.. :p

I felt the need to upload tonight.

I have a new story idea, so I'm trying to wrap up this one before I start it. :)

Chapter 18

Settled and Stable??

Annabell POV

Boxes packed. Check.

Suitcases packed. Check.

House cleared. Check.

House on the market. Check.

Moving in as I speak. Check.

Eeeek!

I will be living with Avan, the beautiful, generous, intelligent, strong, powerful, successful Avan; my Avan.

Nothing ever looked so good.

For the first time, I walk into my new home with new, seeing eyes; the slate stone porch way, the dark wood floors of the hallway, stunning pieces of art hung on the walls; very simple and minimalist… I may like it, but it needs my touch. I grin at the prospect of adding my personality to this gorgeous building.

I may work a lot, but I like coming home to a comforting and relaxing environment. I will ensure I get that, Avan knows that too.

I love weekends; I don’t have to work, I can leisure to my own schedule. Today though, I will be unpacking, getting acquainted with my new residence.

Clothes are folded, hung and put away, my books, DVDs and CDs are added to Avan’s collections, my toiletries are arranged perfectly in the bathroom- yes I do admit I have a severe OCD with how things look… very very anal.

Time to add my touch; I grab my boxes of ornaments and art, photo frames, vases and other items I love to décor my home with, and start.

Finally making it to the giant sparse living room setting, I set to work; placing frames on the shelves and fireplace. I have just pulled out my Me to You bear ornaments when something in the reflection of a photo frame halts my movements, and causes me to gasp, dropping the figurine to the floor where it shatters.

No, no, no, no!

“Well hello there beautiful,” a sneer sounds from behind me.

~*~

Avan POV

Being called into a meeting on the day Annabell moves in just sucks! I could be there, helping her unpack, making a home for the two of us, rather than returning to find it all over… I know her well enough now that she wouldn’t be able to sit around and wait. She had to do it then and there.

Just after my meeting finished I tried to call her, see how she was getting on, only to get her voicemail. A wave of unease washes over me; I shake it off, she’s probably busy. You know how a woman gets into an activity- their phone becomes non-existent.