1. Fresh Start

Verona was so happy to get changed into her outfit in that early morning hour as she got ready for school. She was now officially enrolled at this new private selective boarding school. She was told no one that she knew attended here and this school was highly prestigious with links to top colleges and had top lecturers. Since it was a partner school of the Rosario school, this school was not only great academically but also it was safe in terms of security too.

This new school's location was so perfect for Verona. It was at the other side of New York and far from home. She knew no one at this side of the city. Everyone she had ever met said to her that she was so beautiful, athletic, smart and admired her looks. Everyone said she was a replica of auntie Vienna and grandma Adele in every way. People treated her with so much respect because she was a Rosario. Her father was Viggo Rosario. Her grandfather was Francesco Rosario. People always either admired her or feared her when she met them... Now she wanted to be treated normally and experience how it felt like to be treated like any ordinary person in a new school. Finally she could be normal. She was so excited for this fresh start.

Verona grabbed her back pack and left her dorm room. She was not allocated a shared room. She would have been happy to share her space but only single rooms were the only available ones left.

It was fairly early and she was so excited to meet new friends. She had been told new students who were starting this new school were meeting at the school cafeteria for breakfast before school.

The school council representatives were going to welcome them there. She happily walked to the cafeteria and entered the half empty place as it was still early morning. She did over hear some murmurs immediately as she entered. "She is so hot... Oh my god... Who is this goddess? Does she have a boyfriend? She is just so cute..."

Verona tried to ignore the murmurs and told herself it was ok and she could manage over hearing some comments like this that she had been used to hearing over the years. At least no one knew she was a Rosario. She looked around and spotted the sign for the new students' tables. She walked towards the sign and was greeted immediately two overly enthusiastic school council reps, Denver and Isabella. They seemed friendly. She then sat with the new students excitedly. She felt so welcomed and happy to listen to student council representatives, Denver and Isabella who were sitting with them and answering their questions. She enjoyed having a normal conversation with them. She tried to ignore the stares and murmurs. It could pass. She hoped.

One of the new students asked Isabella "So you told us about the academic side of the school... Tell us about the social side... How many gangs are here? Who should we be wary of? Is there any clubs we should avoid joining?"

Isabella said "This is a very friendly and inclusive school... I assure you... You will be fine... Just stay away from the rulers of the school. The boys' football team rule this place. You mess with them or their property, you die."

Verona rolled her eyes. Athletic kids were always over dramatic.

One of the new students looked worried. "Really? How can we avoid trouble?"

Denver explained "Just stay out of the way of the football team and dont mess with them. It's very simple. You will know who they are. They wear their football jerseys or clothes with their football logos all the time. No one else wears their logos. Unless they are their girlfriends. So yes. Anyone wearing clothes with the school football team's crest, is to be treated with respect. They play for the football team if they are male and if they are female they will be their girlfriends. Treat them with respect and avoid eye contact if possible. Dont get in their way. They leave you alone unless you offend them. It's easy to offend them. Trust me. They do not forgive anyone. They are brutal. They punish people for taking the wrong turn and get in their way when they walk in the corridors..."