3. Intensity

Verona reached the black door at the end of corridors. She contemplated going in. He was going to be very shocked to see her. Maybe it was a bad idea to see him. Maybe he wouldn't find out. But that was what she hoped for. It was a possibility that he was going to hear about her being there from his team mates... There was nothing worse than him finding out she had showed up at a boys' sports building from someone other than her. He could go crazy. She had to see him and find a way to convince him why she was there.

She took a deep breath and was about to knock but the door suddenly opened and a very serious looking Ottavio opened the door. The shock of seeing him suddenly made her take a few steps back but at the same time she noticed the change in his expression as he laid eyes on her. His serious expression softened "Verona..." But then he narrowed his eyes "What are you doing here? You should not be here... This is a boys only building with restricted controlled access especially during out of hours ... Which boy has brought you here? Who? Or is it whom? Give me names..."

Verona gulped. The questions had been fired at her one by one.... She was in so much trouble. She was aware she should not have entered this boys' building... Not because it was against the rules... Ottavio was very very jealous and possessive of her... But that was not all that was wrong about what had happened... Those boys who had left their duffle bag and that boy in court could be in so much trouble too if he found out she had showed them any kindness and mercy.... Her explanation could change alot of things. How could she word her explanation of why she was there so he did not get mad at other and no one else go into trouble but her. She was not worried about the consequences for her. She worried for others. He always went easy on her. She was the only one he went easy on. Mercy and forgiveness were not in his dictionary unless she was involved.

Ottavio asked again "Well? Verona... Tell me why you are here... Tell me how you ended up here... Why aren't you answering the questions that I am asking you..."

Verona jumped at his hard tone. She started explaining slowly "Well... Its a long story..."

Ottavio said "I have time..."

Verona cleared her throat trying to think. She decided to start again talking as slowly as she could to give herself some thinking time how to avoid letting him know that she had saved a couple of people on the way. She explained "So... I was studying at the library... For hours... I did not notice how the time was passing..."

Ottavio said "And? Then what happened? I am listening..."

His tone was impatient. There was no way in hell he gave anyone else this much time to explain themselves before he judged them if he demanded an answer when they had done something wrong.

Verona hesitated and said "Well...As I was saying... I was in the library... I had been there for hours studying... Then suddenly I looked at my watch... I noticed that it was dinner time... I wanted to go to my dorms and put my backpack there... And decide where to go to have dinner... You know it's the first night of school.... Everyone is out there socialising.... The campus is buzzing... This place has some nice places to eat or so they said but I dont know where is best ... Its nice to have dinner with other students who can show me around the campus... So ... As I was walking to my dorms, I lost my way to my dorms and .... I ended up here... No one let me in... I know how to open locks you know..." She wanted to smack her forehead. Was this her genius explanation to get herself out of trouble? She had been looking away as she had been talking and did not dare look up. She kept telling herself "Please don't ask me any questions... Please don't..."

To her surprise she heard him chuckle. She slowly found the courage to look up and saw him smiling.

Ottavio said "So you need some student to have dinner with you and show you around... I volunteer gladly..."