9. Different Worlds

Stanley was sitting in the private waiting room of the lobby of the hospital waiting for Verona to come back.

He was reading a book and killing time hoping Verona could return with good news. Suddenly he found his name being shouted and the book his hand flew away. He looked up and came face to face with Ottavio who was looking at him with murderous eyes. "Where is she?"

Stanley stood up "Keep your voice down..."

Ottavio said "Why? There is no one here... I made sure I got security to clear this place before I got here... I needed an audience with you..."

Stanley looked around. There was no one there.

Ottavio said "Where is she?"

Stanley said "Where is who?" 

Ottavio said "Dont play games with me Stanley... Where have you sent her? I have already spoken to her bodyguards. They said Irish are involved and you have arranged her ride... Where have you sent my girl?..."

Stanley said "She is perfectly safe... She is visiting her godmother..."

Ottavio asked "What? She is with her godmother? The Irish business woman? Arlinda Macleod?Why? Why would she do that voluntarily? She would not voluntarily do that? Did Arlinda Macleod put you upto this?"

Stanley looked around "Keep your voice down... No... She did not ask me to send her that way... I sent Verona her way myself..."

Ottavio narrowed his eyes "You did what? You sent my girl her way... Why? Verona wont go visit her by choice..."

Stanley stated "Correct.... She did not volunteer.... She went because I asked her for a favour... ".

Ottavio's eyes were filled with rage now suddenly "You did what? Say that again..."

Stanley said "I asked her for a favour... I had no other option..."

Ottavio was furious "How dare you ask my girl favours? So you had no other options? Then in that case I have no other options but to do this... " He took a threatening step towards Stanley.

Stanley said "Really? You want to fight?"

Ottavio grabbed Stanley and threw him across the room. He landed on a sofa.

Stanley sighed "I dont have time for this..."

Ottavio said "Change your schedule then... I am going to kick your backside..." He then stormed towards him but he stopped suddenly as he found himself face to face with Verona. He looked at her worried expression and then down at her hand... that was on his... chest."

Verona pleaded "Ottavio. Please don't fight..."

Ottavio had lost his breath. He kept looking at her hand on his chest, at her expression and was memorising this moment. His chest was rising and falling as he was truly losing his breath.

Verona was desperate to stop the fight. She had used her instinct when she had came in the waiting room. She did not want Ottavio or Stanley to get hurt. She knew both could get hurt. The battle between two military school captains could draw blood even if they just used their hands.

Ottavio whispered "Verona..."

Verona noticed his calmness and his soft expression now. He was looking deeply into her eyes and then she noticed how close she was now standing to him. She had taken a step forward without noticing it. They were now inches apart. Her heart was beating fast now. She took a step back "Erm... Sorry..." She pulled her hand away as she noticed she had touched him. No one touched him unless they wanted to die. He was untouchable. But Ottavio did not look mad. She knew he didnt mind her touch.