6. Fire & Water

Ottavio made his way to the party at Verona's dorms. He entered through the gardens section because the barbecue was there. As he entered he noticed that the students were eating, talking and dancing to music inside the building. There was hardly anyone outside.

As Ottavio walked towards the main building he noticed a fountain in the corner of the outdoor space. That was when he saw her sitting alone and looking at the fountain. He changed direction of his path and walked towards her.

Ottavio noticed that Verona was shielded almost from the sight. But he had spotted her. She loved water, fountains and frozen ponds and lakes. That was how she got into ice skating... Love of water... Of course she would prefer to be sitting next to a nice water fountain. Ottavio loved fire. She loved water. They were opposites. . Her cousins liked to make comments on this fact.

As he approached Verona she noticed him suddenly as she had looked past the fountain. Verona quickly put away the paper cup that was on her lap shakily. Was he there because he knew what the girls at her dorm alongside her had done? Was that why he had showed up at this time of night at her dorms? To deal with culprits. Oh no.

Ottavio reached her "Hello Verona..."

Verona stood up facing up to his towering figure. She swallowed hard and then asked with caution "Ottavio... What are you doing here?"

Ottavio took out her purse and handed it to her "You left something in my office this morning... I brought it to you..."

Verona was relieved he wasn't there for investigating the misconduct of her and the dorm girls. She too a sigh of relief and couldn't help give a nervous smile that Ottavio may have associated with her being happy to see him with her purse "You found it... Thank you... I thought I had lost this purse..."

Ottavio said "That is no problem..."

Suddenly, the music that was playing inside became louder now. Ottavio narrowed his eyes as he turned his head. The party goers for going too far. Everyone on campus knew the rules on music that was too loud. He said "I will be right back..."

As he turned to walk away, she said "Ottavio... Wait... Erm... Where are you going?" She had to occupy him.

Ottavio turned and said "I need to deal with a matter inside and will be back..."

Verona noticed how things got even worse now. Just then someone inside had decided to play the electric guitar. It was very very loud. Verona knew how much Ottavio hated loud music. This was not good.

Verona noticed how he turned his head and his deadly look zeroed on the entrance of the dorms party hall. He said with venom in his voice "An electric guitar at this time of might? Thats it... They need to be dealt with severely..."

Veroan watched in horror as he started walking towards the entrance. She quickly ran after him "Wait... Ottavio...."

Ottavio stopped walking and turned around of course.

Verona said quickly "Can we ... go somewhere else? Let's go for a walk outside here. I like night time walks..." She had to get Ottavio away now or he was going to slaughter the girls in her dorm.

Ottavio raised an eyebrow "For a walk? Now? I am in the middle of something Verona..."

Verona said "I am going to walk around the lake... Come with me... I can't go later... I dont want to miss the end of party fireworks and not to mention the curfew time keeps getting closer... Do you want to join me in a walk?"

Verona didnt think he would say yes but he did. Was she using his love for her to save her friends in dorms. She did and did not feel guilty about it. He was brutal.