Prologue.

Y/N WATCHED AS SASUKE was batted away by the hands of the One Tails. She doesn't hear Sakura scream out his name after being swatted away by the hands. "SASUKE!!" She shouted, her voice full of rage and sadness. She turned to the one tailed beast and weaved through handsigns.

"SUMMONING JUTSU!" She shouted, slamming her hands on the branch. She quickly grabbed Sakura and helped her upon the giant toad. Red Chakra surrounded her and it also surrounded Sakura, who looked shocked. "Y/N! Are you okay?!" Sakura asked, tears rolling down her face from the death of her friend, Sasuke.

"I'm fine! I swear I'll protect you, Sakura!" Y/N replied. "Ready to fight with me today, Chief Toad?!" Y/N asked, looking down at the toad. "Why would I go out of my way to fight a guy like him?" Chief Toad asked. Y/N growled. "This guy just hurt my friend! I won't let him get away with it! Do you not have any sense of Duty!?" Y/N asked, hitting the toads head.

The smaller toad she summoned earlier moved on her head. She looked up through her short hair. "I'm telling you Pops! There's more to this kid that meets the eye!" His high pitched voice said. "Okay Kid... I'll show you what Duty is all about!" Chief toad said, unsheathing his sword. Sakura holds Y/N's arm and they both shout in fright as the toad jumps. They both hold themselves down to Chief Toad's head with chakra.

Immediately, they battle it out and Y/N grits her teeth, blood running from her mouth. They manage to win after about 20 minutes. Y/N panted and thanked the chief toad as he disappeared. They fall and Y/N carries Sakura down to the slowly dying Sasuke.

"Sasuke! Hold on! I'll find help!" Y/N panicked, looking around before zeroing on the pink haired kunoichi next to her. "Sakura! You know some medical ninjutsu right? You can save him..? Right..?" Y/N asked the kunoichi. "I-I can try! But I'm not great!" Sakura said, as her hands glow green.

She goes to push as much Chakra as she can into Sasuke but he weakly lifts his hand and stops her. "Stop it.. you both know damn well I'm going to die.." Sasuke said and Y/N grit her teeth, putting her arms under Sasuke and adjusts him so he's sitting up in her arms. "N-No! I won't let you." Y/N stuttered, tears falling down her face.

"We won't let you die! You still have to kill Itachi, Remember?!" Sakura shouted, tears running down her face. Y/N swivels around to Pakkun. "Find a medic, anyone! PLEASE!" Y/N begged and Pakkun nodded, disappearing. "I won't kill Itachi in this life.. hopefully in another." Sasuke grinned at them, blood slowly running from his mouth and head.

"We-we can kill him together!" Y/N said and Sakura nodded in agreement. "Just live on!" Sakura begged. Sasuke weakly chuckled. "You guys.. are the first people who cared about me other than my clan." Sasuke said and both Sakura & Y/N smile weakly. "I love you guys so much, even if we were only teammates for a few months, they were the greatest.. months of my life. Thank you, for letting me be your friend." Sasuke said, his eyes slowly closing.

"S-SASUKE!! STAY AWAKE! YOU ARE THE BEST FRIEND ANYONE COULD HAVE, SO PLEASE.. STAY!" Y/N sobbed, as Sasuke smiles a full smile at both Sakura and Y/N. "Live on, become Hokage. Sakura, become strong, stronger than I could ever be." Sasuke said, his eyes closing as his heartbeat stops. He died with a smile on his face, but his goals never to be reached by himself.

"NO!!/SASUKE!" Sakura and Y/N shout. Y/N shouts out in anguish as Sakura sobs into her chest. Pakkun appeared with a haunted look on his face. "Kid.. follow me." Pakkun said and Y/N quickly carries the dead Sasuke. Sakura's dead eyes look down at her friend.

They jump from tree to tree and they made it to the village, except the scent of smoke fills the area. It was quiet, too quiet. Y/N and Sakura stare with wide eyes at the destroyed village, snakes roaming around looking for their last living prey. "Everyone's... gone." Pakkun said, and Y/N grit her teeth.