Chapter 29- Rebirth

The next morning was very understanding and peaceful, I had said my goodbye to Iroh and began getting ready for the trip to Ba Sing Se.

An airship prepared to land at the air temple. Air Acolytes pull the airship in with ropes. My family,  Korra, Bolin and I, all stood together as the airship lands.

The doors slide open, revealing Asami standing just inside the vehicle. "Did someone order a fully equipped future industries airship?"

"It's perfect!" Korra beams. "Thanks, Asami."

"I figured if we're going to Ba Sing Se to search for airbenders, we should do it in style."

"Yay, airship!" Meelo brightly beams.

Ikki creates an air scooter, scooting up the ramp of the airship. "I wanna see!"

"C'mon, Poki." Poki climbs onto Meelo's head. Meelo makes an air scooter and follows Ikki up the ramp into the airship.

"While you guys are gone, Pema and I will hold down the fort." Aunt Kya picks up Rohan and bounces him gently up and down. "Who's excited to spend some time with your Auntie Kya?"

Rohan vomits onto Aunt Kya's chest.

"Oh." Aunt Kya says disgusted.

"Aw," mom coos. "He likes you."

Aunt Kya waterbends the vomit off of herself. Mako enters, walking past the airship.

Korra immediately walks over to him. "Mako, I'm so glad you're here."

"Of course, Korra. Avatar. Avatar Korra." Mako stands up very straight as he begins to speak in a very professional tone. "Once I received your message I proceeded to contact various locations within the Earth Kingdom as ordered by you, the Avatar."

I cringe. Oh boy.

Mom who was standing beside me began to kiss my cheeks. "Aw. I'm going to miss my baby."

My cheeks begin to heat up. "Mom!"

"What? Are you embarrassed I still give you kisses even though you're almost eighteen?"

I lean towards her. "Not too much in public."

My mom lets out a hysterical laugh. "Gotcha."

She then turns her attention towards dad as she kisses his cheek. "I'll miss you, sweetie."

"I'll miss you too." Dad replies. "Once we find the airbenders, I'll send word. You can join us at the Northern Air Temple then."

Ikki and Meelo come down out of the airship on their air scooters, visibly disgruntled with jealousy.
"Hey! How come Jinora gets to go with you but we don't? That's so not fair!"

"Yeah! What this girl said." Meelo says pointing to Ikki.

The adults: Dad, mom and Aunt Kya look worriedly at each other.

I lean my hands on my knees as I bow down to my siblings level. "Because if airbenders show up here, they're gonna need some guidance from the two of you. It's a very important job."

"Really?" Ikki gasps. "Me, a teacher?" She lets out an outburst. "Yay!"

"Those maggots will bow to me!" Meelo aggressively says.

"Go easy on them, son."

Korra walks over to me. "Can you talk to Mako?"