Chapter 5: Bucky?

For the past few days, you noticed how Steve looked at Peggy and you were happy that he finally found the one.

"Hey, y/n?" He said as he approached you.

"Oh, hey Steve. What's up?" You asked.

"You're a girl, can you tell me some things girls like?" He asked and you knew what was up so you gave him a knowing smile.

"Oh don't give me that look." he said jokingly.

"Well, it's for Peggy isn't it?" You asked.

"How did you know?" He asked.

"Come on, Steve. You are so easy to read." You said "I see the way you look at her, you think I won't find out sooner?" You continued.

"Okay but really, what do girls like about guys?" He asked.

"There are different types of guys girls like." You said.

"What type do you think she likes? After all, you're the one who spends lots of time with her." He asked and chuckles.

"I don't know to be honest. Maybe try and figure out." You said. "Don't give her flowers nor chocolates though, it'll be obvious that you like her." You continued.

"Alright, got it." He said with a smile af satisfaction.

Steve and Peggy were bonding in no time, although you can't deny that you still like him and keep giving that jelous look.

Everytime he looks at you, you only give him a smile and a thumbs up then he smiles back.

You're already satisfied with his soft smile but seeing him with Peggy makes it hard for you to even be aroud him.

Most times, you pretend to be busy just so you can't talk to him the number of night you visit him has reduced to once a week just to check on him but he mostly talks about Peggy and how she's "the right partner" to dance with.

One day, he saw you sitting all alone basically just blanking out.

"Hey, you okay there?" He asked as he sat down next to you.

"I'm doing great, you?" You asked, avoiding eye contact.

"My eyes are right here you know, not up there in the sky." He said jokingly. "It doesn't even look that good, you know. It's gray 'cause of the rain." He continued.

You giggled and replied "I know, sorry. I just really have lots on my mind right now." You said sighing deeply.

Peggy came in and Steve's eyes brightened up, not like before.

She asked if she could talk to Steve alone and you understood, maybe she had feelings for him now.

"Y/N!" Your dad called out. "This batch is the 107th" he continued and you looked panicked. Bucky belonged to that batc
You ran out even if it was raining just to go to to the colonel's outdoor office.

"Sir, excuse me but I need t know if James Barnes is here? Please it's important." You said worried.

Once Peggy told Steve, he also came rushing to the office.

"Y/n, it's about Bucky-" he said but you stopped him.

"I know." You replied. "Sir, please... can you check?" You continued.

"It's B-A-R—"

"I can spell." He replied.

"I wrote a lot of condolence letters today, the name does sount familar though. Sorry folks." He said and you looked at Steve and he hugged you tightly. You were filled with angry and sad tears.

"I should go." You told him as you left.

He plotted on going to save Bucky and you wanted to go with him.

"No, you can't." He said.

"Why the hell not?" You asked, still sobbing. "I'm going weather you like it or not."