Chapter 8: "You like Steve, don't you?"

Later that night at the bar, while the others celebrated the three of you were drinking together.

"So, you ready to follow Captain America to his new adventures?" Steve asked the both of you sarcasticly.

"Nope, I wanna follow the kid from Brooklyn who was too high-headed to say no to fights." Bucky replied to him.

Peggy walked in looking for Steve.

All of your eyes layed to her.

"Uh, Bucky, i think it's best if we leave them alone for a couple minutes at least." You said to Bucky.

"Alright, sure." He replied.

You both made your way to another table while sitting next to each other.

"What was that about? Is he dating Agent Carter?" Bucky asked.

"No, not yet." You replied.

"What do you mean by not yet?" He asked.

"Well, he asked for tips on how to ask her out." You said.

"Oh my God." He said.

"What?" You asked him.

"You like Steve don't you?" He said surprised.

"What, no I don't!" You said.

"Well, why are you so defensive when asked you if you liked him?" He asked with sarcasm.

"I just-"

"Just what?" He stopped you mid-sentence

"Okay, maybe I do like him..." you said.

After you told him that, Bucky seemed kinda... dissapinted? Did he like me? It can't be. God, I'm so blind when it comes to love.

"That's great then!" He said.

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked him.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He said. "I'm back and I'm spending my time with a very precious person in my life, you."

Okay, we admit it, we all blushed the moment he said this.

You tried to hide your face with a few napkins as you both laughed with each other.

You even caught yourself holding his hand while leaning in his shoulder.

"Gosh, I'm so glad you're back, Bucky."