Day Three

The big game.

Today was the day the guys had been waiting for, and talking about for weeks. Every guy wanted to experience the passion Winnipeg had to offer.

And I did, too.

Luckily, that's what I had planed for today. Ondrej had gotten me amazing seats for the game tonight, and I couldn't be any happier.

Currently, it was ten in the morning, and Ondrej had just left for pregame practice.

So, I had decided to get up and make myself some breakfast. I searched high and low through the cupboards, until I chose cereal.

It reminded me of being back home; alone in my apartment, not having to worry about making anyone else anything to eat.

Though, this was different.

This was Canada. A whole new country, with all new experiences. Not to mention, this new apartment, and the wonderful man I had the pleasure of staying with for the last few days.

Then, the thoughts returned.

Dark and evil images began crossing my mind like mad. Thought after thought flooded my mind.

I couldn't escape it.

They had a hold on me, that was a feeling almost similar to claustrophobia. They drew closer and closer, until darkness surrounded.

It was not long after, though, that I was awoken by the sound of a blistering knock, that rattled almost the entire apartment. My phone was ringing like mad, and an all too familiar voice called from the other side of the door. I snatched my phone from the table and rushed to the door quickly.

"What the hell?" I cried, running my hands through my hair. I continued to squint until my eyes adjusted to the bright lights from the hall.

Across from me, was Nicola, arms crossed and lips pursed.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" She scolded. I checked my phone's lockscreen. It was already 6:30, and the game started at 7:00.

"And you're not even dressed yet." She shook her head, staring me up and down.

Without another word, I rushed down the hall and into the room Ondrej and I had been sharing.

At this point, I had already basically moved in.

I quickly changed into a pair of faded blue jeans, and my Jets jersey.

Pavelec, of course.

Then brushed out my hair, braiding it faster than I ever had in my life.

After fifteen minutes of prep, I was finally ready to go. Plus, it left us with just enough time to make it to the MTS Centre.

"Goddammit," Nicola muttered, out of breath, "Why are you always late for everything?"

I shied away a bit, ducking my head as we navigated our ways to our seats.

I had decided to sit in the crowd, instead of sitting with the other guys' wives and girlfriends.

Why sit with a bunch of women I didn't even know, when I could have a perfectly good seat beside my best friend?

From the time we arrived at our seats, to puck drop, Nicola refused to say a word to me; or even look at me, for that matter. She was still kinda pissed we almost missed the opening face-off, and also so mesmerized by all the thousands of screaming fans.

I was always told Winnipeg had the most passionate fans, but I could never comprehend how loyal they really were. Until now, that is.

Plus, this was my first NHL game. I had watched them on TV as children, but it was nothing compared to actually being there. But, Nicola had been to many of Michael's games in Chicago, so she knew what it was like.

The game continued to progress, and the Jets fell behind 2-0.

Though, there were no moments spent in silence from the fans. Whether the jets won or lost, I knew all these fans were here to stay.

And with that attitude, Nik Antropov put the Jets on the board mid-third period. The fans went crazy, as the guys on the ice huddled in the corner, congratulating Nik.

I joined the fans around me, on their feet, clapping and cheering. The guy on my left even gave me a high five.

The atmosphere was nothing less than electric. And even with the Jets falling 5-1 to the Montreal Canadiens, the fans were still just ecstatic to have an NHL team back.

I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend that night.

Not to mention, finally getting to watch the love of my life play the game he loved, after years of being without him.

To think, less than I week ago, I was dead set against ever watching a hockey game. Until Ondrej came back into my life.

Now, I found myself, in a crowd, among thousands of fans, cheering on their beloved hockey team.

I honestly couldn't believe why I ever gave up on this sport.

Later on that night, I found myself outside the large, heavily occupied arena. Waiting for Ondrej. Many fans began to pile out, cheering and celebrating the return of their Jets - even though they lost.

That's what being a real fan is about. Through thick and thin, you support your team until the bloody end.

It didn't take long for Ondrej to join me near in the parkade, near his vehicle. He embraced me quick, leaving an arm around my shoulders, holding me close.

"Let's go home." He said softly, placing a light kiss on my cheek. I nodded, and rested my head on his shoulder.

That was when I knew they were gone. At least for the night. Ever since I'd reunited with Ondrej, the thoughts that normally embraced me, and suffocated me, disappeared like the darkness when you wake up in the morning. I didn't want to let go of him; I couldn't let go of him.

I needed him, like I needed air to breathe.

Ondrej is my guardian angel.

---

A/N:

The updates have been slightly slow, and I apologize; I just haven't been motived, but I've been very busy. Bare with me, I'll update more soon!

-Courtie :) xx