Day Twelve

Ondrej's POV

I had invited her many, many times.

I begged, I pleaded, and even demanded she come with me on this road trip, but she insisted she'd be better off staying at home.

It wasn't like her to pass up on a road trip, especially to somewhere hot like Phoenix.

She just wasn't herself, ever since I had taken a few minutes to Skype with my mother back home.

"I'm just going to be a bother, Ondra."

She told me.

"No one wants me there, anyways."

I tried to tell her numerous times, that the guys absolutely loved her.

But not as much as I do, of course.

That not only me, but twenty-some other guys wanted her along for the ride, too.

And would she listen? Nope.

"I'm staying home, and that's final." She crossed her arms and pouted.

I knew the way she had been feeling lately, and I had to protect her. She had came with me every other road trip, and I just wasn't sure what it was about this particular one.

"You know, I really, really want you there..." I hummed, approaching her slowly.

She looked away as I began running my hands up and down her bare arms.

"And it's not only me. As much as I love having you with me wherever I go, there are twenty or so other guys who'd like to see you again, too."

"Bullshit." She argued, backing away.

"Come on," I begged, almost in tears. I was scared for her. I didn't know what she was capable of, and I didn't want to find out, either. "I love you, and I want to spend as much time as I can with you."

I never did want her to leave my sight. It wasn't that I was overprotective, I just didn't want to... Lose her.

"Just leave me alone, okay?" She demanded, storming off and slamming the bedroom door behind her.

I sat on the couch, deeply angered. My hands were curled into fists, and my heart was racing like mad. I couldn't remember ever being this mad about Anna's stubbornness.

I sat there silently, my knuckles white from clenching them so hard, and just pondered ways to convince her to come along. She had to give in eventually, right?

Wrong.

"Anna?" I asked from behind the door. I could hear quiet sobs coming from inside, just like the night before. I pressed my ear against the door and continued to listen.

That is, until the door flew open.

Her face was pale, and her eyes bloodshot. The mascara stained her face every time a tear fell.

"Can't you just leave me alone?" She growled, looking up into my eyes. Her brown orbs cut through mine like a knife. I could feel my heart drop after I realized she was dead serious.

"Uh, yeah, I guess I..."

"Goodnight, Ondrej." She interrupted, pushing me out of the room.

I was almost ready to cry myself. I loved that woman with all my heart. She was the first woman that I could actually see myself spending the rest of my life with, and I couldn't ever live with myself if something were to ever happen to her.

I was ready to give her my last name.

After years and years of spending my time with different woman every night, I had finally knew I wanted to settle down.

And I had only one girl on my mind. Only one girl could be my wife.

Even though she couldn't care less whether I was here or not, I still loved her.

I always have, and always will.

With that thought in mind, I left. I had given Blake a call, and him and his wife were more than willing to let me stay the night. Once arriving at their place, they were very forthcoming. They understood what was going on, and took pity on me.

Blake even mentioned how he wanted to see Anna again.

It was getting late, and Blake and his wife, Sam, were heading off to bed. They brought me blankets and pillows, so I made myself a temporary bed on their couch.

"Have a good night, Pavs." Blake called, walking up the stairs.

"Night." I muttered, crawling under the blankets.

As much as I appreciated them taking me in, I would've much rather preferred laying next to Anna.

With Anna, I knew I was a better man. She really was my better half. And without her, I'd be nothing.

My mind continued to race throughout the night. The dreaded 'what ifs' were flooding my brain, and as I tried to push them away, they kept returning.

I pulled out my phone and unlocked it. I just stared blankly at my wallpaper. It was a picture of Anna and I, out on our first date, eleven days ago.

It took everything - plus much more - in me, not to give her a call. But eventually, I gave in. The phone rang multiple times, until her voicemail kicked in. I didn't bother hanging up; instead, I just listened to her recorded voice. And at the beep, I ended the call.

It was then, that it hit me.

I couldn't believe it. It had already been twelve days.

---

**DISCLAIMER***

There will be an epilogue, plus one more chapter after this. Please read them with caution, and at your own risk. The next chapter does deal with sensitive topics, in which may not be suitable for everyone. Other than that, please feel free to read it! I hope you're enjoying it so far!