Day Four

You know, it had always been a dream of Ondrej and I's, to go to California. And, it just so happened, that there was a road trip coming up in Anaheim.

And guess who was invited?

That's right, Ondrej had pulled some strings, and managed to get me permission to come along with the guys.

Nowadays, it was very rare I'd ever be happy or excited, but today, I was genuinely happy.

For the first time, in a long time. I was happy.

As Ondrej and I boarded the plane, we passed by all the guys; some playing cards and chatting, while others were playing around on their phone.

We had decided to join the few men at the back of the plane; trying to sleep, or reading a novel. Ondrej offered me the window seat, to which I obliged. We sat down right at the back, next to Jim Slater, who was reading some sort of healthy living magazine.

"Aren't you excited?" Ondrej leaned over and whispered to me, awaking me from my daze.

I smiled back and placed a kiss softly on his stubbly cheek, "Of course, my love."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Jim peer back and fourth between his magazine, and our PDA. Honestly though, I didn't care what anyone thought.

I was finally happy, and I wasn't going to let anyone (or anything) ruin it.

"In your wildest dreams, would you have dreamt we'd be here, right now?" Ondrej asked. clearly dazed.

Currently, his arm was around my shoulders, but his mind was everywhere but in the present.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, puzzled.

"Like, after I had left for North America, after being drafted-"

"Look, let's not talk about that now," I pressed a finger to his lips, "All that matters now, is that we're together again."

"You're right." He nodded, still staring off into space. Until he placed a kiss atop my head.

A yawn escaped my lips, then.

"I told you to get a good sleep," Ondrej commented, a clever smirk on his face, "And would you listen? Nope."

"Oh, shut up," I retorted playfully, through another yawn, "I'm going for a nap, okay?"

"You do that," he chuckled. I slapped him on the shoulder. "I'll just might join you."

I rested my head on his shoulder, and intertwined my fingers with his. And in the matter of minutes, I was asleep.

Ondrej and I had been sleeping peacefully for a good half hour, until we were awoken abruptly. I jumped first, creating a chain reaction and sending Ondrej a few centimetres in the air. He clenched his heart, and stared at me blankly. A smile grew across his face.

"Someone must've won big." He chuckled.

We turned our attention to the five or so guys up front, playing poker. Ondrej told me Evander had always been known to celebrate hard after winning, seeing as how he doesn't get to do it much. His cheers had awoken my instantly, while Ondrej had told me he was pretty much used to it. He wrapped his arms around me, and almost immediately, fell back to sleep. Then, not long after, I joined him.

"Go, go, go!" I cried, jumping up and down. Almost positive I was scaring a few of the Ducks' fans next to me. I didn't care, though. The guys were winning 2-1, with five minutes left in the third.

It was easy to say my excitement was not shared by many in that arena that night, considering the Jets did end up winning 3-1.

I awaited outside the arena, where a few other Jets fans stood, waiting to meet their favourite players. I conversed with a boy, who appeared to be around twenty-years-old. He told me how he had moved from Winnipeg to Anaheim for college, and how he loved the Jets.

We talked until Ondrej came out; that's when Josh, (the boy I was talking with), had asked for a picture and an autograph, from both Ondrej and I.

It felt strange to give my signature. Seeing as how I'd always just been your average Czech woman, no one really paid attention to me - just like the other billions of normal citizens in the world.

"Thanks a bunch," Josh smiled, "Rock on, Ondrej."

"And it was nice to meet you, Anna."

With that, Josh had hurried off to join a large group of other hockey fans; in which he appeared to be the lone Jets' fan.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?" Ondrej asked, placing his arm over both my shoulders and holding me close. His voice had brought my attention to his beautiful face.

Even in the dark, his blue eyes were piercing.

"What feels nice?" My voice trailed off.

"...To be fawned over and wanted by many..." Ondrej replied, looking down into my eyes. The chilly air nipped at my nose, while Ondrej's presence warmed my entire body.

"It does," I agreed, "Now I know why you wanted to play in the NHL."

He laughed.

"It was much, much more than that," he shook his head, "But, getting to my point. You agree, it felt nice, right?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Well," he started, "That's an understatement for how I feel about you."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, puzzled.

"Like, the plain and simple explanation," he continued, "The way he was starstruck, and could barely talk to you... That's how I felt - and still feel - about you. I could barely even think straight, your presence killed me. You beauty blinded me, and left me speechless."

"There aren't enough words in the world. Nor in the Czech or English language, to describe how I feel about you, Anna," he whispered, placing a warm kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Anna Mickova."

"And, I love you, too, Ondrej Pavelec..."