The Note

He stood there, silently. The note was in his hand, but he couldn't read it. He took a few deep breaths, and with shaking hands, he unfolded the paper labelled with his name, and began reading it out loud. For only himself to hear.

"For my love,
Ondrej Pavelec;

The rain fell slowly.

It was quiet in the apartment, other than a few rain drops tapping on the window.

Sort of like that night we spent watching movies.

I had pondered many things, and it was always you who crossed my mind, babe.

You, Mr. Ondrej Pavelec.

The outcomes of my actions were by no means for or because of you. I loved you too much to do so.

I'd never, ever want to hurt you the way I've been hurt.

I loved you too much for that.

I did it for me, and only me. It was to find happiness, Ondra. Something that only you could bring me.

While you were gone, I had none of that, and I brought it on myself.

Please do not feel guilt over me, or regret anything that happened.

Because those Twelve Days were the best days of my life, because I got to spend them with you.

Without you, I am nothing.

I love you more than anything, Ondrej, and don't ever forget that.

You were my everything,
But you cheated on me.
And I will never fully forgive you.

I loved you lots,
Anna."

It was then, that he broke down.

"I would never, ever do that to you, Anna..."

---

TO BE CONTINUED...

I hope you enjoyed Book One. Stay tuned, there will be Book Two entitled "Two Years Later" published soon!