Makima

Denji saw Y/N was still talking with the girl through the phone, it had been a while now, they were close to the public division building.

"We already ate something." He sighed. "No-Yeah it was healthy food."

"Damn, that girl is truly concerned for him, that must be so nice." Denji thought, a pout forming on his face. "I want to meet a girl like that... Who cares for me."

"We're almost here, Makima, I'll see you soon." Y/N decided to end the call, turning his attention back to Denji.

"And that." Y/N said with a tired expression. "Is our boss."

"She sounds so nice." Denji commented, making Y/N hum in response.

"Make no mistake, boy. She is as strict as I will be, but... She does care for the people working for her."

"Do you... Work for her... Sir?" Denji asked confused. "I... Thought well... That you-"

"That I'm in charge of the division?" Y/N concluded to which the blonde boy nodded. "She's been in charge of the fourth decision for quite some time now, I arrived a few years ago."

"Right." Denji said. "You are American, right sir?"

Y/N nodded. "I was born there but... Well... I know nothing about my life before coming to Japan."

Huh? Denji was now interested in hearing more about it. "Why's that, sir?"

Y/N sighed and ran his hand through his braid. "I made a contract with a powerful devil, in exchange for its power I gave up my memories when I arrived here."

Denji looked down in pity, an existence without most of your memories? That sounded... Depressive as hell.

"Was it worth it?" Denji ran his mouth without thinking, the icy stare Y/N gave in return made the hybrid boy regret opening his mouth.

"I do not know what I did, who I was or what happened to me, but I left America for a reason, I consider it a fair trade, given the people I have saved with the devil powers at my disposal, so yes."

Denji stared in silence, a moment later Y/N spoke."If you were given another contract, in exchange for the memories of a miserable life would you do it, Denji?"

Again, before Denji could think, he got angry at the comment of being told he had a miserable life. "Who says I had a miserable life?!" he gritted his teeth. "Sure, I didn't have it easy but I had a friend with me! Some nice food from time to time, dreams of my own, I wouldn't trade the memories of Pochita, thinking about tits and remembering the taste of food for anything in the world."

This time around, Y/N's expression changed to something unreadable for Denji.

" You are quite emotional." Y/N pointed out."I suppose that is fair, not everyone would be willing to forget."

They fell into a pregnant silence, Y/N gave an annoyed look not at Denji but at the two men in front of them.

"Eyes on the road Kai." Y/N ordered.

"Y-Yes, sir." Kai gulped and directed his eyes to ahead of them.

"Sir?" Denji asked quietly.

"Hmm?"Y/N replied but didn't look his way, he was staring at the window.

"What if... You had a great life back in America?" Denji said. "Have you ever been interested in... Knowing more about who you were?"

"No." Y/N said quickly and sternly. "Some doors, are not meant to be opened."