Meeting

Y/N walked through the Public Division HQ, a lot of people had left already.

He didn't like it, the eerie silence and darkness surrounding the halls seemed like the perfect ambush from a devil.

"Makima." He knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

"It's open."

-
-
-
Many people at HQ liked to joke Makima lived in her office since she seldom left the comfort of her chair, Y/N preffered it that way, she already pestered him constantly through phone calls, he didn't need her breathing down his neck further.

She was doing paperwork, her concentrated gaze never leaving her desk, he wanted his reunion with her to be over already so he cleared his throat.

"What do you need?"

She stopped going through the papers but didn't lift her gaze. "My dear Y/N, please take a sit." She motioned with one hand to the chair at the other side of the desk.

"I don't believe I'll be here for long." He refused the invitation.

"Please, I insist."  She replied.

He sighed, trying to win against Makima was a fruitless endeavour so he complied albeit begrudgingly.

She stopped what she was doing and slowly lifted her head until they were staring at each other, he kept a serious expression with pressed lips while she had a barely noticible smile.

"Now then, I want to hear a report of your week so far

"Now then, I want to hear a report of your week so far."

-
-
-

"Four devils eliminated and a fiend captured, well done." She pressed her fingertips together and smiled.

"I could have done more." He dismissed the praise, "The last devil I killed claimed the life of a little girl."

She hummed, pressing a finger to her chin. "If I remember correctly, you decided to go with Himeno for a meal, yes? Perhaps had you... Refused the invitation... You would have arrived on time to save the victims of the scorpion devil."

"So your answer is to blame me and Himeno." He said dryly, earning a slight frown from the redhead.

"Hardly, It is rather unfortunate the only time you decided to take a break, people had to pay the price for it, but it has to be this way, devils are cruel and sadistic by nature."

"And you still consider Himeno responsible for this." His eye twitched a bit, for some unknown reason.

"Perhaps next time, take less time eating, that is all I'm saying, at the end, you and your squad did a great job, many people live today because of you." She stated

"However, being on duty for 2 days without rest will not be tolerated." She scolded him. "You put yourself and others at risk, your devil contract—"

"Involves a dangerous devil, I know." He interrupted her, knowing what she was getting at. "I know my limits."