Reward

They had the devil cornered from all sides, Himeno smiled, the hunt finally had come to an end.

"The devil has been trapped inside the building, Miss. Himeno!" Arai announced energetically, her partner and disciple took things way too seriously, to the point it was comically.

"Good job

"Good job." She praised with a smile and Arai couldn't help but blush at the compliment. How could he not? She might be missing an eye but she was still and attractive woman.

"Not attractive enough for Aki

"Not attractive enough for Aki." A voice inside her head mocked was it her mind or the ghost devil's doing?
"Stupid Aki, fawning over that bitch Makima."

"Where is the devil?" Y/N's voice joined in, a frown always present on his face whenever he was on duty.

"It's cornered." Himeno spoke first. "Arai, Kobeni and I have managed to surround the building, we believe it is empty."

Y/N nodded. "Good, this one's mine, make sure it doesn't escape." He started to walk towards the entrance of the building but he was stopped by Arai.

"Wait sir! Shouldn't we come with you?" He suggested, a nervous glance directed at him and Himeno.

"Stay here rookie." Y/N ordered, "Keep an eye on Kobeni as well, she does not perform well under stressful circumstances."

A professional way to say Kobeni was a nervous wreck prone to cowardice, Y/N didn't wait for a reply, instead, he headed into the building leaving Arai and Himeno behind.

-
-
_

" You think we should head inside?" Himeno asked, pulling out a cigarette from the box, it was her third cigarette now, she was a patient person but she was beginning to get worried.

"W-We shouldn't have let him go alone in the first place!" Arai replied, a mortified expression on his face. "That's it, I'm going in!"

"Wait, he'll get angry if you-" Y/N appeared leaving the building before Himeno could finish, dragging the corpse they had been hunting.

His hair was disheveled and he grimaced. "Lighting Devil eliminated." He threw the remaining body of the devil to their feet.

"So this is how it looked like." Arai mused, the devil had been covered in lighting when it was alive, now it was only a humanoid form with long legs similar to a frog.