Break Time

"So?" Makima asked, a few seconds of silence followed through the phone.

"I apologise, Makima, I am on my break, I will not come." Y/N announced, making Makima let out a small almost silent chuckle.

"That's a first, Y/N, you always put duty above anything else." She pointed out.

Y/N stared at the drug fiend who gave thumbs up while Himeno gave him a smile. "I am hungry." He replied.

She let out another chuckle, this time this was was loud enough, the fiend and Himeno heard it, it was not a pleasant sound, it sounded like a mocking laugh enough to make all three uncomfortable.

"My dear Y/N, why let others chose for you?" she asked sweetly.

"Huh?"

"It matters not." She continued. "I'm assuming you're not eating alone?"

"No, I'm with Himeno." He said.

"Very well, enjoy your meal, while you still can~" Makima said in a sing song voice.

"What?" Y/N asked, confused by at the comment, almost as if they were being...

"Oh, I meant, enjoy your meal in the meantime, you must return to work afterwards." She  explained, ending the call before Y/N could say anything.

"So, where are we going?" He asked.
-
-
-

Himeno took him to the Tenten Chinese Restaurant, Y/N had been only a couple of times there, so the food was a nice change from the food  Public Division had to offer.

"So!" She exclaimed. "How's the food?"

Y/N took a bite from his plate and raised his gaze to meet Himeno's her only eye shining with interest. "It's good." He replied dryly and focused on his plate once more.

"You're weird."

"Excuse me?"  He raised a brow at her statement.

"I didn't mean to insult you." She quickly explained. "It's just that, you are a very... Odd man."

"I apologise for not fitting your standard of what is normal." He rolled his eyes, sipping his tea.

"See! That's what I'm talking about! One moment you are really kind and thoughtful the other you are bitter and abrasive."  She chuckled a bit, earning a glare from him.

"Thank you for the meal." He got up but Himeno immediately grabbed his arm, both standing up.

"For real Y/N, I want to talk with you." She lost her playful attitude, letting him know she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Speak then," He sat down again.  "We still have half an hour of break." He reminded her.

"The other reason you are weird is," She looked at his pointed glance but contimued. "You haven't fallen for Makima."

His eyebrows furrowed, as if he didn't understand what she was talking about. "Hmmm?"

"Almost every single guy in the job has the hots for her... Including.. Aki.. You... Don't? Do you even feel attraction towards anyone?" She inquired.

"I..." He placed the fork on the plate, "I have not given much thought to a relationship, neither sexual nor romantic."

"You didn't answer my question though."

"I am focused on doing my job, Himeno," He explained. "I have no need of a relationship."

"Fineee" She pouted. "But you do acknowledge Makima is attractive right?"