xviii. the monster and it's master

chapter eighteen!•••

chapter eighteen!
•••

TURNS OUT, SAHANA DID WORRY about Kamden and her whereabouts. Hence why she called the police when she didn't get an immediate answer to her calls.

Sahana claimed over the one phone call that Kamden go at the station that she had checked her location and upon seeing that her roommate was in the middle of the woods past midnight, she had panicked.

Kamden was too exhausted to argue with her.

When she left the booth and went back out to the hallway, she caught sight of Wednesday and Tyler talking one on one, right in front of the exit, and she quickly darted into a nearby room to listen to their hushed voices.

"What do you want?" Wednesday snapped, clearly tired and out of patience.

"To ask a question." Tyler's voice on the other hand, was calm.

Wednesday must've given him a nod, or some other kind of silent green light, because Tyler asked, "What does it feel like?"

"What does what feel like?"

"To lose."

Kamden pushed the pads of her fingers harder against the wall, trying to keep herself upright as a flood of mixed emotions washed over her. Fear, anger, frustration, all swirled together painfully inside of her chest.

"You know," Tyler went on. "At first, I'd wake up covered in blood, no idea what had happened. But over time, I started to remember...everything. The sound of their screams, the panic in their eyes, and a fear so primal I could taste it. And it was delicous."

Then it went quiet. Kamden stuck her head closer to the open doorway, hoping to catch any kind of whisper or creak in the floor that might give her something, anything. But it was just quiet.

Unable to let Wednesday stand out there with that monster by herself, she stepped into the hall and started walking over. Tyler turned at the sound of her footsteps, but she didn't even hesitate as she marched closer.

"Is there a problem?" She glared at him.

"No." Tyler gave her a forced smile. "Just thought I should have a word with Wednesday, after everything."

"Mhmm." Kamden bit down on her tongue, trying to force her anger down, not wanting to cause any more of a scene, but it was no use. Her hand shot out and took a fistful of his jacket, the heat rising through her pores as she yanked him closer.

"You aren't going to get away with this, you son of bitch." She spoke through gritted teeth.

"Are you threatening me?" He almost laughed.

Kamden shook her head. "I'm making you a promise."

His eyes almost shifted into fear, but he forced his expression to stay as solemn and confident as it was when she had approached.