1. dreams

-
i look around the room, in flashes i see a boy, a boy with curly black hair. he's rather pale. not a healthy pale. he sits there, eyes closed. he's not moving. he's not breathing.

studying his face i realise i know him, i know him well. he's not a stranger at all. he's my best friend. he's mike.
-

what?

i shot up from my bed and looked around to affirm where i was. I sighed in relief as i stretched my arms out. what a strange dream, why would I ever dream about mike dying.

i have to tell him about this later, ive had a crush on mike wheeler since we were 12. i always told myself it was just a phase but does a phase really last 4 years?

anyways it's the beginning of summer break, junior year. and im supposed to meet mike at, i pick up my phone and check the time, in 5 hours. its 6 am.

im going back to sleep.

-
i heard a shriek coming from my left, i quickly turned over to see glass shards on the floor and water pouring everywhere.

the waiter who i assumed dropped the vase stood there and screamed for someone to get a broom, and for everyone to move back a little
-

i woke up again, i quickly check my phone for the time. 9 am. perfect. honestly i didn't even know it was possible to dream with 3 hours of sleep.

but really I've never dreamt so much before, like honestly it's one dream a week probably.

but the dream was so real, like it wasn't lucid dreaming. but more like i was living through the moment.

anyways i should get ready, i have to leave at 10:30.
.

"earth to will? are you there?" i turned my head over as mike waved a hand infront of my face.

"yeah it's nothing i just had these two really weird dreams" I said, shaking my head and looking down at the menu in my hands. adjusting back to my current surroundings.

we were at a cafe, a rather busy cafe. it's just opened and it was bustling with people every day. luckily we managed to get a table.

tapping sounds were made on the table, i look up to see mike tapping on the table staring at me with big eyes.

"what?" i said peaking my head over the menu.

"aren't you going to tell me about your dream," mike dragged as he tilted his head.

before i said anything i heard a shriek coming from my left side. i turned my head to face the commotion and saw glass shards on the floor, along with water everywhere.

wait a second, what is this feeling of deja vu ?

"everyone can you move back a little, can somebody get a broom?" the waitress, who i assumed dropped the vase of water yelled.

let's recall, didn't i dream of this last night. it's not a random sense of deja vu, i dreamt of this last night. and there is no doubt.

i turned back to mike questioning myself a little bit then shook my head once again.

"i had a dream about this exact moment, like the glass and water everywhere. with the same waitress" i said as my eyes rolled to my left, and back to mike.

"no way that's awesome, you said you had two dreams, what was the other?" i paused at mikes question. the dream was truly not a sweet one.

"i had a dream you died, like i don't know how. you were sitting in the corner of your room and you were pale and not breathing."

as soon as I said that i immediately regretted even listening to his question. he went silent and scratched his head looking down.

"new topic, what are we eating?" mike swerved to a different conversation and I'm glad, i don't even know how he was going to reply to the first thing.

i placed the menu down and rested my arms on the table framing up my face, "maybe I'll get those chocolate waffles, seems good".

"will were on the lunch menu," mike said as he pointed the huge font that said lunch.

"no it said the chocolate waffles are served all day long, and if it's on the menu it's going into my belly." i smiled at my reply and removed my arms from the table.

i don't really get the dreams though, and all this deja vu. but i mean what better way to start of summer vacation.

everythings going to be fine, i have mike.

.