7. I don't think so

-
the room was spinning, the air thick with the scent of alcohol and sweat. glances of the moment passed by me.

the tension between them was deafening, growing with each passing moment.

everything in pictures and glances, i never knew who he was.

his breath breathing down,

heads turned, bodies slipped together, the heaviest breathing.

a kiss, the air thick with anticipation. lips met in a frenzied embrace.

a sloppy dance between the two, lost in a sea of desire.

-

gasping for breath, I awoke from the dream. was it a sign that it was finally over? what else could it be?

the dream was nothing more than a cruel trick played on me by myself, which was something that would never ever actually happen to me subconscious. It was impossible for something like that to happen to me.

perhaps it was time to accept that it was all just a coincidence that had been driving me to madness.

even if it was over, was that dream really just my subconscious desiring for something like that. or was it something entirely different which brings me to the conclusion.

there were two people, was it someone else and me? or was it two other people.

again, im seeing mike today.

.

i stared meaninglessly at the paper on my lap as i drew out the recent vision ive been having of mike, and i can't help but notice it's gotten more vivid with the passing days.

i look to my left as i see mike still driving ahead, also catching a glance of our stuff in the back seat of his car.

we were taking an overnight stay at lucas's dads lake house, which he insisted we all come to.

i look back at the paper on my lap and i try to make out what i see every night but to no avail.

it just looks like a blurred mess, except his face, brighter than moonlights.

-

the scent of pine hung heavy in the air as we ventured into the unknown, our footsteps crunching the fallen leaves beneath us.

lucas's dad's lake house stood as a charming retreat nestled amidst the tranquil beauty of nature. perched on the edge of a pristine lake, it boasted a rustic yet modern design, blending seamlessly with its surroundings.

i drew up my window as i unbuckled my seatbelt. waiting on mike to park his, terrifyingly ugly range rover.

-

"open up slow ass," mike yelled with a crack in his voice as he continuously knocked on the door, cute.

soon enough, lucas answered the door with a look of dread, as if he has been dreading our arrival. "god damnit wheeler you can never keep that mouth shut can you" lucas said as he moved out of the way to open the door wider while letting out a clearly audible sigh which faded into a sweet smile.

we walked in with each other, side by side as we were greeted by max, who was slouched on the couch like an alcoholic uncle who was going through a bad divorce.

she turned her head at the sound of our footsteps and jutted up to her usual self, "hey you two! mike, you're looking as miserable as ever"

"very funny max", mike answered, running a hand through his hair before turning over to me. he titled his head towards the couch waiting for me to reply with a smile, which i eventually did.

while mike sat on the recliner, i took a seat next to max already feeling her urge to make her undying comment on us arriving together.

"so, you guys came together?", she said cheekily leaning closer towards me, however not masking the volume of her own voice.

i smirked, knowing max's mischievous nature all too well. "looks like it," I replied, exchanging a knowing glance with mike. "but don't get any ideas. we're just friends."

max raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "oh, just friends, huh?" she teased. "well, I guess time will tell."

mike chuckled beside me, clearly entertained by max's antics. "yeah, max, don't jump to conclusions. we're just two friends here to enjoy the weekend and have some fun."

'just two friends.' those three words hung heavy in the air, their weight pressing on my chest. the truth was more complex than what i could admit.

those three words hung heavy in the air, their weight crushing me as i
to mask the tremor in my voice as I responded, "yeah, just two friends."

who am I kidding I couldn't bear to hear her mention that we were just friends.

the weekend promised relaxation and bonding, but it was really a reminder of the unknown, a dance between past and present, desires and fears.

the echoes of my dreams and the anticipation of the unspoken hovered like a phantom

.

guess who's back witches