Chapter 4: Sick by love and virus (Sick day)

It was the third day of her isolation, but it felt like it had been years that she had been locked in her room.

Jirou was happy about all her progress at the academy. A war where she managed to stand out, a near heroine who started to get recognition in some agencies, a student about to graduate from the hero course, and she had a wonderful group of friends. She had a perfect winning streak, and was happy that everything was going well in her life.

But every hero is always going to have a loss.

No matter how much Jirou had trained and prepared herself for all the threats in UA, she was still a human who was prey to viruses and bacteria. And not just to naturally occurring microorganisms, but also to those that came from enemy quirks. It wasn't a lethal bacteria that had struck her in her last battle, but it was strong enough to send her to bed and leave her for a while isolated from the rest of her friends because of how contagious it was.

She didn't have the energy for anything and everything hurt; her nose refused to let her have a single normal breath, her voice was hoarse and her body wouldn't stop sweating from the fever while her meals were limited to only soups and hot drinks. Recovery Girl told her it would only be a week, but her hope was lost every day as her symptoms worsened.

Jirou grunted in annoyance. She had woken up early against her will that day, and though she wanted to go back to sleep, her body refused any attempt by her to close her eyes again. She lay in her bed, pulling her arms out of the comfort of her blankets. She was bored, and since she knew she wasn't going to have anything to do all day, she decided to listen to some relaxing music albeit at a low volume due to her headaches. That helped at first, but she quickly removed the music as she found that her mood and health would not tolerate the audio coming out of her phone.

A few moments later, she got bored and decided to sit on her bed, doing nothing. It was better than lying down.

"What a shitty day." She thought.

She couldn't go out, she couldn't do anything with her body, it was a nightmare for her. She hated everything. She stared at her room and thought of ways to distract herself. She couldn't play instruments; she couldn't listen to loud music. It was then that she saw a small ball on the floor, and began to throw it against the wall, seeing that it was perhaps the only possible entertainment in that small home prison.

It bounced, and then came back to her. She didn't make any noise with her body, just killed time throwing the ball with what little strength she had. It wasn't much of a drive; but it was either that, or endure the torment of being locked up doing nothing.

She stopped when she realized someone was knocking on her door.

Very bad timing for her. She really didn't want to see anyone. People were the last thing she needed at that moment. Everyone was asking her if she was okay, but it was clear she was sick as hell and fucked to the bone. She didn't have the patience to state the obvious, and was just looking to rest.

She didn't even have the desire to talk to anyone on the phone; she just wanted to have peace until she was fully healed. She was even able to leave a sign outside her door to prevent anyone from entering or knocking on her door:

"Do not enter. Hope lost in here."

It was a sign that sought to cause fear in the rest, and it seemed to have worked until that day.

It seemed that the person behind the door was ignoring that signal. He kept knocking on the door, as if he didn't know that Jirou was suffering with a contagious disease. Or maybe it was someone dumb who couldn't read.