Chapter 3: Pacific storm (Sleeping)

"This is going to be a long night, don't you think?"

As Kaminari began to prepare some tea for the two of them, Jirou searched for some blankets from her closet. She heard his voice, and sighed. Just as he said, it was going to be a long night, where they were both going to share some couple time and alone time. At that moment, Kaminari was going to sleep at Jirou's house.

The heavy storm that fell over Japan was something that caught them by surprise. Kaminari expected to go home after a quick visit to avoid disturbing his girlfriend's family, but he didn't expect that before he left, an atrocious rain and a heavy blizzard would cover the streets, making it impossible for anyone to walk safely around.

The boy thought about asking his parents to pick him up, but they said they couldn't go out because of the risk of going outside. He then tried to go out on his own, but he had not brought an umbrella, and was almost likely to catch a cold from that foolish action. The only alternative was that he would stay and rest at his girlfriend's house. Although Kyotoku refused to keep him at home, he was persuaded by Mika and Kyoka to go for one night only. He could argue no more, and decided that he would stay, but with the classic warnings not to do anything improper with his daughter.

An hour had passed, and everyone decided to go to bed early after dinner. Jirou's parents went to their room, while Kaminari went to Jirou's room to rest. He entered the girl's room, as she brought blankets and pillows in her arms.

"Hey, I have some blankets for you to sleep dumb boy."

"Can I sleep with you?"

"No."

Kaminari lowered his head in sadness after hearing his girlfriend's negative response. Jirou knew there was nothing she could do with his action; she was going to feel bad for letting him sleep in a bad place while he was having bad dreams. She shouldn't treat her guest of honor like that.

"I guess if I keep that answer, you'll sleep uncomfortably and be sad making you ruin my sleep, won't you?"

The boy was glad to see how Jirou changed her mind with those words. They were going to sleep in the same bed with nothing holding them back.

"Yay, we'll sleep together." The boy didn't resist and gave his girlfriend a hug.

"Idiot." was the only thing she answered him.

Jirou set what she brought aside, and started changing in the bathroom to avoid any discomfort. Light pajamas and a brushing of teeth, and she was ready for bed. Kaminari for his part, knew he had to behave herself, so he decided to put his things away and arrange his girlfriend's bed so he wouldn't strain herself too much. A few minutes later, the couple was already in bed, but without sleep coming to them.

Lying there, they both started to do certain things on their own. On Kaminari's side, he started checking his phone to see if the weather would improve. He was thinking on taking Jirou out on a date, and he needed to see if the city was going to be better to surprise her. On Jirou's side, she started reading one of the academy's history books, knowing that gaining new knowledge could help her classes. Every now and then, both of them would show something curious they found, a quote from a book or even a social media post. All of this while sharing some tea.

It was nothing extraordinary what they did. It was typical of what an ordinary couple would do. They talked, shared likes, enjoyed being next to each other. It was a normal night, with nothing surprising to note. The only difference was that they were both in the same bed, and one was not sleeping on the floor.

Every so often, Kaminari would give her a kiss on her forehead or caress her face. He didn't do it roughly; he was careful not to make her too uncomfortable and tried not to distract her from her nightly reading. Although the girl was still focused on her book, she wasn't lying when she said she liked her boyfriend's gestures. At that moment, the blond was resting his head on her hair. His arms covered her small body, smiling as he praised his girlfriend.