Chapter 5: Permanent injury (Long Distance)

So, this chapter is a small continuation of an old Kamijirou fic I wrote: "Why can't I be her?"

There is no problem if you don't want to read it, because this chapter it's easy to understand; but if you want to read it and get the context for this continuation, go ahead! My fic is published on my works, and well, expect some tears hehe.

Enjoy this prompt!

Graduation diploma? Check.

Night of success and joy? Check.

Recognition from his teachers even though he was dumb? Check.

After three years, he was finally a professional hero, graduating from UA along with class 3-A. He waited a long time for that moment, went through nightmares on exams and in provisional fights but he had finally made it. He had that paper that allowed him to be a real hero on the streets. It was the paper that was going to allow him to beat up villains legally and without problems.

Those weren't easy years. They were years where he knew failure in every failed test, and where he knew the pain of being a hero in every mission. He experienced it in the war against the Paranormal Liberation Army, and against All For One. One would have easily given up or backed down with all that had happened. But Kaminari had planned a goal and wanted to accomplish it even though he knew his weaknesses. His optimism, free-spirited personality and charisma allowed him to have the energy to push through every obstacle. And three years later, he had succeeded.

Chargebolt was physically and mentally ready for real life missions, being a true hero and proving how strong he had become.

Well, at least physically he was ready.

On the outside, he always showed a confident guy, someone who had mastered his electricity quirk and no longer became stupid when overloaded. He showed a positive aura with everyone, he showed the strength he had to save people and to protect his friends. He looked like a perfect hero, not on the level of other professionals like Midoriya or Bakugou, but he had a bright future like the rest of his class.

However, on the inside, he showed a very dark reality. Anxiety attacks that he tried to control, insecurities that he tried to cover up even though it was already a thing of the past. Inside him, there were fears and nerves. That was easy to hide, but there was something in particular that affected him completely.

His unrequited love with Jirou.

Six months had passed since that attempted declaration of love. Six months where he couldn't erase from his mind that kiss that the purple-haired girl had with one of her friends. Six months where his heart was never the same again and where his future ended up shattered.

He still remembered that night perfectly, like a curse. All the preparation he had done and all the route he had taken for her was in vain when he saw her kiss Momo and start a real romance. It was unbelievable to see how he had lost to the most innocent and kindest girl in the classroom. His friends knew the pain he was in that day, and from that moment on, they tried to motivate him to move on. Mineta, Sero and Kirishima. None of those three wanted to see Kaminari doing badly, and all those months they supported him to leave the girl aside. Day by day they saw him happier and more relieved, seeing how his outings were succeeding. It seemed that he was getting over that indirect rejection.

But the truth was that only Kaminari had hidden all his sadness to prevent them from worrying much more. And it had worked perfectly.

During those six months, he watched Jirou cuddle with Momo. They kissed in secret places, he felt the love flowing in them and saw the smile of the purple-haired girl every time she was next to her girlfriend in the classroom. It was six months where even though he wanted to enjoy his time with her, he couldn't because of his jealousy. He had to make a great effort to avoid showing his disagreement in front of her.