BROUGHT ABOARD

[Takes Place after Secure a Wife]

_______________________________________

"I'm joining your mission for insurance; older Agents are all backed up." I smiled at the blonde reminding him why he had to find a wife outside of WISE. "---And since it's a calmer mission they picked me as another daughter to you." I told him, WISE had two or three Spies like me. Younger, teen years from a mission involving 'rescuing' us. Ever since we have served WISE for world peace.

They barely used us. Only going on calm missions or missions nearby, if necessary, lately with how overworked and the amount of shit happening they've needed us more.

My hair was down while I say on the Handlers Ms. Sylva's desk, I swung my legs waiting for him to finish looking me over and observing me, "She won't be doing anything that can harm her." The handler spoke, "She needs a chance to recover from her last mission... It was more emotionally challenging than we first assumed, she will only aid you in getting close to Desmond." The red-haired woman explained further.

I cringed at the mention of my last mission biting back my tongue. She made it sound worse than it was. It was more annoying than 'Emotionally challenging' I've dealt with worse, just because I'm young they won't give me chances.

"I'm Y/N Forger, your daughter that was studying away for a while." I introduced myself, smiling at him with my practiced smile. I jumped down off the desk and onto the hard floor. The handler motioned to the door, and I nodded walking out, leaving the two to talk.

________________

"Loid, I need to know things about your adopted daughter." I began to say walking with him, a suitcase in my hand and three in his. "Um... her name was Ayna? Correct."

"Yes, Ayna Forger, she likes peanuts and is very energetic." He began to say he seemed fond of her already. "She watches a spy cartoon."

"Oh, then Yor, is she aware your marriage is fake?" You asked, glancing at him while you walked, he was tall. "I've heard about some of your missions." You stated, he had a habit of faking relationships without the women he was in one with realizing. Yor's file was clean, and she seemed like a sweet person, kind of ditzy.

Ayna was the one you wanted to know more about, her adoption was more than just a tad bit shady and her files small and barely there. "She is." he stated, leading you into the building as he did. Humming you followed him; the neighbors saw both of you gossiping among themselves.

"That man, his poor wife, I heard this is his second marriage and he already has two kids!" A woman poorly whispered

"I thought he only had one!" Another chimed in.

Loud deflated at their gossip, A tired look on his face as he did. Looking at them curiously you gave them your most charming smile you could, "Hello! I'm Y/N Forger. My dad just picked me up from the airport. If there is anything I can do for you, please tell me!" You said, they seemed pleasantly surprised you approached them.

"A-Ah of course the same goes for use." The women who couldn't whisper spoke. You nodded giving them a closed eyed smile and happily walking over to Loid, you wanted them charmed by you in the least.

"What a sweet child." One spoke, a smile on her lips as she did.

"When my son was that age, he was anything but!" Another joked, they all laughed.

You succeed it seems, you should prioritize helping the neighbors for stronger connections in the building and alibis. You walked behind Loid. You and Loid were at the door of your new home for a while, he opened it. "I'm home." He called out, immediately a young girl with cotton candy pink hair greeted the two of you.

"Chi-Chi!" She celebrated. A black-haired woman who was cleaning up the living area's coffee table looked up. The table had drawings made with crayon on it, looking around you took in your surroundings. The child immediately looked at you curiously, you smiled at her.

'Did anyone warn the child I'd be her sister? Does she know about the mission? Surely not, she's 6. Don't be stupid.' you thought, kneeling down beside her you gasped, "Ayna you've grown up so much!" The girl looked at Loid and immediately flung herself at you, her eyes shining as she did.

Little weird, but hey I like weird things.

"Ayna, Dad needs to talk to Yor for a bit let's go play in your room, K?" I grabbed her hand, letting her lead me to her messy room. It was cute and fit her from what I've seen so far. "I'm your sister, we've always been sisters, okay?" She nodded at my words, eyes sparkling as she did.

'The beginning is always rocky, you're a spy, you can fix anything. Do anything!' I felt a bit awkward, "Ayna, study with me?" I asked her, I needed to study, after all. she shook her head.

"No! Ayna won't study!" She cried loudly; I paused a bit.

"Wait– Did I say study? I meant to say read a few books...?" I corrected myself, "...with me?" She shook her head no. I sighed, not wanting to play but having already said we'd play. I don't want to go back on my word... "Okay... um what do you want to... play?"

"Spy mission!" She said, sparkles in her eyes. Loid mentioned something about her and spies, this isn't really a shock. "Okay Number th— Agent Y/N, Reporting for duty." I slipped up out of habit, thankfully she is a 6-year-old.

Her eyes sparkled as she pranced around the room cheering.

She seems... Like a really amazing kid actually...

________________

"Hello, you must be Yor. Dads written to me about you." You smiled sitting down, you tried to open your body language more, so she'd welcome you. "I've been studying farther away, I'm back to hopefully get into Eden! Mom really wanted me to attend when she was alive, but I couldn't because she fell Ill, not to mention Ayna." You told her the sob story with a sad smile on your face as you did.

Yor gasped tears in her eyes as she looked at you, her hands cupped her mouth as she looked at you. Looking at her you quickly looked away, not expecting it to have worked that well. She composed herself, looking down at her lap as she did.

"Yes, loid told me." She offered me an encouraging pity smile. It irked you; you couldn't fault her but after seeing those smiles so many times it tends to get to you. "Please, accept me as your mother." she bowed her head to you and handed over her chest as she did.

"I-- Sure It's not like I wouldn't have." You looked away.

Two sentences in and this woman had already won your heart. Damn...

Note/: I consider this chapter short, sorry about that. When we get into the meat and bones of the book there'll be longer chapters.