23. The Wedding of the Century (Persephone)

This was going to go badly. That was the only thought going through Percy's mind as she sat beside Feyre, her fingers trailing over the ridiculous chiffon and tulle of the frilly wedding dress. How Feyre had made it this far without a complete breakdown was beyond Percy, but she could feel it all coming to a head. 

"Is mine as bad as yours?" Percy asked warily. 

"Worse," Feyre muttered.

Percy had tried on her dress once and only once. It had been rough against her skin. Its tight bodice uncomfortable and the mass of tulle skirts had made her want to rip the material right off. 

"She didn't make it red did she?" Percy questioned, voice tight. Feyre had been allowed absolutely no input on her own wedding. She'd made one very simple request and that was for there to no red. 

"No," Feyre said cautiously. "It's yellow. You're going to look like a giant lemon." 

Percy winced slightly. "Perhaps being blind isn't such a terrible thing. I'd rather see nothing than to have to look in a mirror and see that." 

Feyre snorted weakly. "The color itself suits you. It's the dress that's the problem." 

Percy shook her head, and sighed as she snatched the gown up and moved over to where she knew the dressing screen waited. Alis said nothing as she helped Percy dress, but as she stepped away to examine her... 

"Well," began Alis, amusement lightening her tone. 

"Please don't," Percy pleaded. 

Alis just clucked her tongue and adjusted one of the jeweled hair clips that styled Percy's hair. Moira had spent hours that morning straightening it and twisting it up into a slick, braided crown that spiraled atop her head. Ironically enough, she'd then gone on to curl Feyre's hair into perfect ringlets. 

"Persephone," Ianthe cooed from the doorway. "Lucien's here to escort you out now."

Percy didn't like the way the High Priestess purred Lucien's name. Not when it was so obvious how uncomfortable it made him. But Percy bit her tongue and breezed right pass Ianthe to where Lucien waited. 

"What have they done to you?" Lucien muttered under his breath as he led her to the closed patio doors. 

"I'd really rather not talk about it right now," Percy hissed through her teeth. 

"You're going to trip on all that fabric," Lucien teased her. 

Percy wanted to hit him. "Don't even put that idea out into the atmosphere. You're going to manifest it into happening." 

Lucien snorted. "Did you even practice in it? I don't think anyone dared to dress you like this since you fell down the stairs." 

Percy elbowed him in the ribs. She'd been ten at that time, and Moira had constantly put her in dresses with large, poofy skirts. At least until she'd fallen one too many times and ended up busting her chin on the stairs.