Chapter 10

Two years had passed since Firefly was born and the little family was happy. Sunny and Peril had recently announced that they were pregnant, and Fatespeaker had given birth to a baby boy the summer after Firefly had been born. His name was Adventureseeker. Tsunami and Riptide were traveling the world and said that they didn't want to have any kids in the next couple of years. Mainly Tsunami said that and Riptide didn't agree.

Firefly had started talking a few months ago, and it was almost her birthday. She kept on blabbering about random things like cars, toys, and coloring. Glory stayed home with Firefly while Deathbringer went to work.

Glory wanted to have another baby, but Deathbringer thought it was too soon. She thought that it was a good idea so that Firefly could have a friend. She was not going to start preschool for another three years. There are also no kids her age in the neighborhood.

Glory decided to tell Deathbringer that she wanted another baby because it would be good for Firefly. She waited until Firefly had gone to sleep, and sat down and told him.

"Deathbringer," she said as she grabbed his hands and pulled him down to sit on their bed.

"Yes?" He said, staring into her eyes with curiosity.

"I know we already talked about this, but..." she hesitated, "I would like another baby. It would be good for Firefly to have someone else to grow up with. I don't want her to be lonely."

Deathbringer was quiet for a moment. "I have been thinking about it too... and I think it's a good idea."

"Wait... really?"

Deathbringer nodded.

Glory hugged him.

After two months of trying for another baby, they had been successful! Glory decided to go to the hospital to confirm. She made an appointment and took the test. It was positive! They had to tell everyone, again. But, it wasn't going to be as busy as a pregnancy.

"Welcome home!" Deathbringer called from the kitchen as she walked in the door. He was making dinner.

"Hi! I have good news!" Glory said as she came into the kitchen.

"You're pregnant again? Yeah, we already knew that," he responded as he flipped two pancakes at once. They were having breakfast for dinner.

"A-duh," she said as sarcastically as possible. "Anyway, the doctor said to come back in a month."

"Okay!" He said as he handed her a plate of pancakes.