Chapter 6: Jealousy

Heeseung's POV:

I walked into school the next morning and it was quieter than usual. I looked around while on my way to my locker and I saw police officers patrolling the halls. I also noticed that my classmates looked somewhat uncomfortable.

I opened my locker and put my backpack inside before locking it again. I turned around to go outside, into the school plaza. I was halfway there before someone tapped on my arm, I turned around to see who it was. My world immediately lit up when I saw her face...

"Hey Heeseung." Y/n greeted me, I could tell she was also uncomfortable

"Hey." I gave her a small smile, "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just that the police are a bit unsettling." she frowned

I felt bad for Y/n because I care about her, of course. Honestly speaking, I'm the reason why the police are here. But since they make her uncomfortable, I don't want them here. I'll figure out a way to make them leave eventually...

I opened up my arms a bit to see if Y/n wanted a hug for comfort. She hugged me and my heart started beating faster, which I hoped she didn't hear. I hugged her gently while resting my chin on her head slightly. We both pulled away after a bit and just smiled at each other.

"A-Anyways, where were you off to?" I asked, brushing off my nervousness

"Nowhere in particular, Aki isn't here yet and I found you so... do you mind if I just stay with you until she gets here?" she looked at me

"Sure, I don't mind." I smiled

"Let's go to the school plaza, I need some fresh air." she laughed nervously

I nodded and we walked out into the school plaza together, she seemed much more calm out here than inside the school building. The students outside also seemed calmer out here too.

"Ah, Aki texted me saying she won't be here until class starts." Y/n told me as she started texting her best friend back

"Oh, okay." I nodded

She finished texting Aki then put her phone away. I was about to start a conversation again but someone interrupted us...

"Hi Y/n!" A guy waved at her, coming towards us

"Oh, hi Yahyun!" she waved back at him

I recognize this guy because we're in math and free period together. He's the top in his classes, one of the top students in this academy, and part of the student council. Because of that, he's quite famous around here but he isn't someone you'd describe as popular. He's a bit shorter than me, wears circle glasses, and fluffy brown hair. He resembles a puppy in a way.

   The members of the student council have a different uniform than regular students. It's probably because they're higher in authority than us and staff can tell them apart from other students. Our uniform's tie has dark purple and light blue stripes, but the student councils' tie is dark blue with green stripes. Both uniforms have the school badge on them but the student council also have their own badge with their position. As for Yahyun, I read "Treasurer" on his badge.

Yahyun realized I was there with Y/n and gave me a smile as well, we've never really spoken before so he gave me a small bow. I gave him a genuine smile back and a small bow in return. He then turned his attention back to Y/n...

"How are you?" he asked her with a hint of shyness

"I'm good, how about you?" she smiled

"I've been good too, although school doesn't feel the same anymore because of what happened to Wan Myungki yesterday." he frowned, "The faculty were talking about it in the office today, it turns out his death wasn't an accident and they found large amounts of cyanide in his system from the food he ate."