Chapter 12: Mr. Egotistical

(a month later)

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n!" Aki ran towards me

"What happened?" I asked while still putting things in my locker

"You know Geon Hongyu, right?" she asked me

"Uh, yeah?" I laughed a bit, "Who doesn't?"

"Well I was walking into school and he was with his group of friends, and they were talking about you." she told me

"Huh? What were they saying?" I looked at her

"I don't know exactly but they were saying all saying good things about you from what I heard." she said, "Some of them even called you cute and stuff like that."

"Geon Hongyu? I mean yeah, he's attractive." I laughed, "He is the school heartthrob after all."

"Y/n, you have a chance with him." she said excitedly

"We've barely spoken to each other before, I'm not going to say yes to him right away." I frowned

"Okay but you should give him a chance, he rejects everyone. Do you understand how lucky you are right now?" she said while she grabbed my shoulders and shook me

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I'll give him a chance, but I'm not going to give in easily just because it's him." I glared at her, "Plus I kinda have a bad feeling about him, he's quite heartless. I mean, he rejects people in a harsh way."

"Come on, look on the bright side. I think you two would make a great couple." she encouraged me

"And I'm assuming you've talked to him before?" I raised a brow

"Well- no I haven't." she laughed nervously, "But come on. What if he's completely a different person to the person he actually likes?"

I then saw Heeseung walking down the hallway towards his locker, he was on his phone so he didn't see us. Aki saw Heeseung too and immediately ran up to him and dragged him towards us.

"What the- oh, hi!" Heeseung laughed

"Heeseung, help me convince Y/n to give Hongyu a chance." Aki looked at him

"Who?" he was confused

"Geon Hongyu! You don't know him?!" Aki shook him by his shoulders

"Yah! It's not like I know everyone at this academy." he glared at her

"Come on, everyone knows Geon Hongyu." she rolled her eyes

"Well I basically proved you wrong just now." he shot back, "But anyways, what were you saying?"

"Well I overheard Hongyu and his friends talking about Y/n and they were complimenting her and stuff." she told him, "Hongyu never seems interested in anybody, but he's showing interest in Y/n!"

"It all depends on Y/n, if she wants to. I don't think I should try convincing her." he sighed, "And like I said, I don't even know the dude. I can't say much."

"You're no help." she glared at him

Suddenly we heard a group of people walking down the hallway. I looked over and saw Hongyu and his group, he gave me a smile and walked towards me, leaving his friends behind.

"Hey Y/n, right?" Hongyu asked, "You probably know me already."

"Yeah." I nodded, "And yes, I know who you are already."

"As expected. Anyways, I see you in the halls sometimes, you're quite cute honestly." he smiles, "Do you mind if we hangout for a bit before class?"

"Oh um..." I looked over at Aki who was nodding aggressively at me, "Yeah sure, I don't see why not."

"That's great, let's go shall we?" he beckoned me to walk beside him, "Let's get to know each other better."

"Okay." I nodded

"Don't worry, you'll warm up to me soon." he winked

Heeseung's POV:

"So that's him?" I asked Aki as I watched Y/n walk off with him

"Yeah, they look great together don't they?" Aki giggled

"I don't see it." I mumbled, "I have a bad feeling about him just from how he talked to her."

"You and Y/n really don't like looking at the bright side of things." she scoffed

"I'm just saying." I shrugged

That entire time, I was actually furious. I tried my best holding in my anger as I watched Y/n and Hongyu disappear around the corner.

I don't like this Hongyu guy already. Not just because he's trying to steal Y/n from me, but because there's something about the way he talks to her that doesn't seem right. He has an ego too, and it shows. Why would Aki want him to be with Y/n?

"Oh well, I have to go to the gym to ask my volleyball coach a question." Aki told me, "I'll see you at lunch."

"Alright, see you." I waved

I realized that I still haven't put my things away since Aki stopped me earlier, so I continued my way towards my locker.

I unlocked it and I saw a letter inside. I've been getting letters like this every few days ever since my birthday from the same person. I always read them but throw them out afterwards. Whoever this person is, I don't think they understand that I'm not interested. Sometimes they ask me to meet them somewhere but I never show up. If that doesn't show that I'm not interested, then I don't know what does.

I opened the letter anyways and read it to myself:

Dear Lee Heeseung,

Please give me a chance to at least talk to you. You don't understand, I've been attracted to you ever since the day I first laid eyes on you. It would mean the world to me if you would meet me at the fountain in the school plaza at lunch today so we can talk and get to know each other.

-B.Y.H

Like always, I ripped the letter in half and threw it in the trash. I looked around to see if someone was watching me but I didn't see anyone. I put my stuff in my locker then went to class early since I had nothing to do anyways.

I sat in my seat, it feels weird not walking with Y/n to class today. Of course I'm still pissed off at that Hongyu guy. He doesn't seem genuine about actually liking Y/n, I feel like it's all fake. I can't tell Y/n or Aki that because I have no proof.

"If you hurt Y/n in any way, I'll make sure your life becomes a living hell..." I mumbled