Chapter 64 (Part 1)

CHAPTER 64 

CHAPTER 64 

Lacey

The Daily Gawker - June, 18th 2013

Good Morning Gawkers, 

As another year of secrets, scandals, and social media sleuthing nears its end, the team here at the Daily G want to send you off with the kind of gossip that'll keep you talking all summer long. I don't know about you, Gawkers, but if you've been walking around campus lately, you've probably noticed the steam-factor in the halls has skyrocketed off the charts thanks to this year's infamous comeback couple. We're not in the business of naming names, but our favorite Royal seems to have found his way back into the graces of his lovely lady. 

Are we jealous? 

Absolutely. Especially since they seem to have graduated from puppy love to occasional glimpses of hot and heavy PDA. Over the past month, we've spotting the King kissing his Queen between classes, during lunch breaks, and at all of her sporting events. If seeing their lip locks in person weren't swoon-worthy enough, our romantic royal has been known to post adorable declarations of love for his darling all over social media. 

Don't believe us? Check out his socials yourself. It'll make you believe in love and seriously resent your singleness all at once. Afraid you've missed out on all the feels? Don't worry. Today the Mission Bay softball team is playing their championship game against our crosstown rivals at Cardinal, and if you're lucky, you just might catch the King cheering for his Queen in the stands. So ready your cameras, Gawkers, we'll be keeping an eye out for the best couple snapshot of the season.

Who knows? If you have the right eye, your pic might snag a spot on our socials.
Happy hunting, 

-The Daily G

***

There are days that demand your attention.

Ones where you wake up knowing that by the time the sun sets you will be invariably and inarguably different. Some people welcome the change. People who are made of bravery and recklessness and hope. People who believe that no matter what it is life has in store that somehow they'll rise to the challenge. 

But I've never been that person. 

I've never been the girl who could throw caution to the wind and breathe in the breeze. I've always just been--Lacey. The church goer. The quiet girl. The person who almost stopped living the afternoon her mother did. But today, I'm choosing to be different. I'm choosing to become someone I've never dared to. 

Someone who can walk through the halls of Mission Bay with her head held high because I am no longer afraid of the rumors. Today, I am placing them under my feet instead of carrying them on my shoulders. Today, I am choosing to believe in Elias's words. I'm choosing to believe that I am as strong, beautiful, and bold as he has spent the last month and half making me feel.