CHAPTER 39 *NEW*

NOTE: Check out this week's hilarious audiobook by kaelking12! Hope you guys enjoy the listen!

CHAPTER 39

Elias

New Text Message from Tanner King at 5:35 PM:

T: If you're not outside in the next thirty seconds, I'll abandon you as a sibling and never drive you anywhere again...Your choice, hermano!

E: Dude, I need a minute!

T: You've had several!

E: I get that, but I'm not gonna get out there any faster if you keep texting me.

T: Man, I gave you fifteen minutes of radio silence to get it together, get dressed, and go. How much longer do you need?

E: No sé. Quizá para siempre. (Dunno maybe forever).

T: Relax, Eli. You're gonna do great tonight.

E: And what if I don't? What if this whole first date thing blows up in my face and she hates it?

T: What part of her liking you do you not understand?

E: If I don't nail it tonight, she might not like me anymore. People have regrets you know.

T: Yeah, and waiting for you is one of mine. 10 seconds left...

E: Seriously, Tanner, I don't think I can do this.

T: Ok, then. Have fun explaining to Lacey why you bailed on your first date.

E: Fine, I'm coming! But can I call mom first? I need moral support.

T: You know you can't. Her and Dad's counseling thing's probably already started.

E: It's not like that therapy stuff works anyway.

T: I get where you're coming from but they wanna try. So just chill out and come downstairs. Your girlfriend's waiting ;).

Tanner's last text should excite me. Technically, I should be over the moon right now or dancing on the ceiling 'cause I finally get to see Lacey.

But I'm not excited, or dancing, or over the moon.

Instead, I'm bent over the toilet trying not to vomit the mac and cheese I ate for lunch all over my outfit.