CHAPTER 4 *NEW*

NOTE: Check out this week's awesome and amazing sounding audiobook performance by kaelking12! We got new studio equipment so the sound is now even better! 

CHAPTER 4

Elias

If the AA ever needs a solid reason to set up shop in La Jolla, Ricky Kim's house is it.

Every Friday night, DJ Rick waits for his totally clueless parents to head out for the weekend and then transforms their beach-side bungalow into debauchery city.

Win-win situation.

The front hall's packed to the walls with legendarily wasted juniors and seniors who stop what they're doing just to stare me and Josh down as soon as we step through the door.

Tonight was supposed to be one of Ricky's usual mixers—one stocked up with enough freshman and sophomore girls for it to be somewhat comfortable. But there's next to nobody from our class here—which means my Facebook game just dropped to zero.

I snag Josh by the shirt and yank him away from hurricane Trish before she sucks him out into the sea of her friends who are waving the two of them onto the dance floor.

"Dude, there's barely any girls our age here! I thought you said I had a solid shot tonight."

Josh throws his arm around me and shoots me that famous easy going smile.

"Aight, so maybe Trish got the details mixed up when she said this was gonna be a full house, but that's no problem, E. Think about it this way, if you land an older chick for your first time, you'll be a legend."

He has a point. I just wish that the older chick I seriously messed around with for the first time wasn't Trish. I'm a little less of a virgin because of her. He just doesn't know it yet.

"I hope you're right, man," I say.

"I'm always right. Let's talk to Rick, if there's anybody who can get you in with the upper class ladies it's that dude."

Josh points up to a more than blitzed-looking Rick standing at the top of the stairs rocking the turn tables with girls surrounding him. Only Rick could build a makeshift DJ table out of an old surfboard and a couple of empty kegs and turn it into a chick magnet.

He's got at least six options lined up and dancing on him while he holds one of his dad's Cubans in one hand and a glass of Jungle Juice in the other.

Not gonna lie, the dude's got it made in ways I wish I could. No matter how wild he gets on the weekends, he still has his shit together. I've heard he's rockin' a 4.0, his parents support pretty much everything he does, and he's got a guaranteed shot at a solid future. The only thing I've got guaranteed coming is a fist fight with my best friend followed by a screaming match with my dad when I go home.