Chapter 19: The Start of Preliminaries For Winter Cup

Aira Ryuzaki's POV

"Alright that's it for today, be sure to finish writing that essay I gave out," It was finally the end of classes and I can't wait to go home.

"Aira! Let's go to practice together!" Miya came up to my table.

"I'm skipping today," I replied.

"Again? Come on! Like this, you won't be able to improve!" 

"Improve? Come on Miya, you know there's no space for me to improve. Plus, training is so boring," I let out a yawn.

"Still, you should turn up for training! At least don't give the senpais a hard time with you and Aomine like this," Miya stated. 

I mean she's got a point. Me skipping training the same as Aomine is is giving the upperclassmen a hard time. 

I let out a sigh and said, "Fine," 

"Alright let's go!" She pulls me along. 

Once we entered the hall, Imayoshi and Sakurai were heading out.

"Oh, Aira. We are going to watch Seirin's preliminary match against Josei, wanna come?" Imayoshi ask.

"Sure," I replied with no hesitation. 

"Aira, you just want to skip training that's why you just agreed immediately right?" Miya asks with a stern voice.

"Urm...maybe?" I replied. 

"How could you Aira! I thought we were friends?!" She suddenly broke down crying.

"Huh huh? What does being friends gotta do with this? And why are you crying?!" I panicked.

Timeskip~

"It took such a long time to calm Miya down," I mumble to myself.

"It is amazing to see you care about her," Imayoshi stated.

"Amazing? What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Well, from your personality, I just thought you don't worry about other people," He replied.

As we were walking closer to the stadium, I would hear some cheers.

"They're playing," Imayoshi said.

"Who do you think is winning, Serin or Josei?" Sakurai asks.

"Who knows? Well, they're equally strong teams, but Josei is a terrible match-up for Seirin. Seirin has a weak inside. In contrast, Josei's strength is their aggressive inside. Their first-year center is especially powerful." 

That's true. With their weak inside, it is a bad match-up. 

"It might be a tough game for Seirin," As we stepped inside, Imayoshi was shocked at what he is looking at. As I took a look closer at the court, a certain number 7 caught my attention. 

"It looks like Josei doesn't have that much of an advantage," Sakurai said.

Imayoshi smiled and replied, "Yeah. I'm glad we came to see this game."

"What?" 

"Watch Seirin's number 7 carefully. His play is impossible to predict," 

As I watch on, the ball gets passed to number 7 and he jumped to try to make a hook shot or so I thought. He then passed the ball to the captain of Seirin and he made the shot. When the second time he jumped it looks like it was going to be a hook shot but also it can be a pass. In the end, he released the ball at unbelievable timing. 

"Isn't it exceptionally slow?" Sakurai was shocked.

"Kiyoshi is an unusual center with the passing sense of a point guard. The defense has to predict what's coming. It's a game of rock paper scissors. But holding the ball with those huge hands, Kiyoshi can change his choice when a normal person would have released the ball. He can change his strategy after observing his opponent. He has the Right of Postponement. It's not that he's impossible to predict. There's simply no point in predicting his moves," Imayoshi explains.  

As I saw Josei's rookie was about to dunk, I instantly knew that Kiyoshi would be able to block that. The ball was knocked out of his hand and Seirin's number 5 went to get the ball. The ball got passed to Kuroko and then to Kagami. 

"Go!" Seirin cheered.

"Seriously?"

"So high!" The people from Josei were shocked to see Kagami jump that high. 

Instantly a smirk came onto my face, "I can't believe it, he can jump even more higher now."

"Take this!" Kagami yelled but he headbutt with the hoop.

"Eh?" I stared blankly.

"He jumped too high!" 

Just like that the first quarter was over with a score of 29-18, of course, Seirin is in the lead.

"Well, that's all I needed to see. I'm heading back to school," I said.

"Eh, don't you want to at least watch till the end?" Imayoshi ask.

"Nah, I've seen enough," I replied and stepped out of the stadium. 

If Kagami has gotten stronger, Tetsu would have to. I guess I have to go and ask Satsuki because if I'm not wrong, she met him a few days ago. 

Timeskip~(again)

As I entered the hall of our school, Satsuki immediately ran to me and gave me one of her monstrous hugs.

"Okay Satsuki, I can't breathe," I said after a while.

"How was the game?" She finally let go.

"It was okay, and I think Kagami got more stronger," I replied.

"I see, then that's good!" She jumps.

"Ah, Satsuki. You met Tetsu the other day. Did he maybe show you any new moves?" I ask and she looks shocked that I actually asked the question.

"Yes, he did," She smiled a little.

"If he perfects it, I believe no one can stop him. Not even you Ryu," She continues on.

"Then that's great, let him perfect it. I want to fight him when he's at his strongest," I smirked. 

Suddenly, I heard a sound of a door so I turned to see what was going on but there was no door behind me at all. Then, it hit me. 

"So it seems," I smirk.

Third Person's POV

There is no evidence. However, at that moment, they all sensed it. They are the prodigies of the decade, the Generation of Miracles. No player is their equal. Even if one did appear, it would be in the distant future. Or so it seemed.

They heard the sound of a door. The sound of the door to the room only such prodigies could enter being forced open. 

Helloo my fellow readers, here is a chapter update for you~ I hope you like this chapter and I will see you soon in the next chapter!