Chapter 2: Touou

Aira Ryūzaki's POV

As I followed my homeroom teacher into the class, the whole class is super noisy.

"Alright alright class silence," Everyone in the class went silent and went back to their seats.

"We got a new student. Please introduce yourself," He smiled at me.

"I'm Aira Ryūzaki, I'm half Japanese, half American. My hobbies is just sleeping and playing basketball. Please to meet yall," I introduced myself.

"Basketball?"

"What? A girl playing basketball? That's insane!"

"She's weird,"

"Alright alright silence. Aira you can take the seat at the back," My homeroom teacher said and point to the seat which is a window seat. My am I glad.

I quickly walk to my seat, sat down and the teacher started his lesson.

~Time Skip to after school~

"Seriously it's just the first day of school and I already have homework to do," I accidentally think out loud.

"Well for our class we always have a lot of homework," A high-pitch voice came from behind me. I turn and realise that it belongs to a girl with light purple coloured hair who is about average height. She walks up in front of me and said,"Hi! I'm Miya Kimiko! Pleased to meet you!" She stuck out her hand for a handshake and I just shook her hand.

"This will be very weird but let's be friends!" She said with a wide smile across her. Yeah this is weird but she seems like a good person. Somehow she reminds me about her.

Without anymore thinking I replied,"Sure why not." With that, she was jumping up and down with joy.

"Come on! I'll show you around!" She grabs me by my arm and drag me along with her.

We literally walked around the entire school. She told me where are all the clubs located at and stuff. Where some of the classes will be at.

"And here is the hall where the basketball club is at but sadly there's no basketball team for girls," Miya said.

"I don't really play with girls," I simply said. I look at Miya to see what kind of expression she is showing and it is still her normal expression, a huge smile plaster across her face.

"Wait so you mean you play with boys instead?! That's so cool! That means you are really strong aren't you!" She exclaimed. I couldn't keep my shock face intact. Usually when I say that, people would be disgusted or confuse.

"I guess?" I didn't know what to say.

"Let's head inside! I bet you wanna see who are in the team!" Miya grabs me by my arm once again and pull me along with her.

The moment we step inside, I could smell the familiar scent of the hall. It's sort of the same smell at Teiko.

"How can I help you Miya?" Who I think is a coach ask.

"I-"

"I am not accepting you into the basketball team. This is a all boys team. NO girls can join," Wait Miya plays basketball?

"I'm not joining! She wants to join!" Miya replied and pointed to me.

Wait! I haven't even decided whether I want to join the team yet. I want to see how well the team plays first.

The coach eyes me up and down. I could see his face going into shock when he stared at my face for like forever.

"You! You are Aira Ryūzaki! The second ace of Teiko Middle School basketball team!"

"What?!" Everyone in the hall yelled, including Miya. For me, I just smirk in return.

"Wait so are here to join the basketball club?" The coach regain his composure. That question instant change my expression into my bored look.

"No way. Your team is too weak," I replied. The coach was too shock to respond to me so I just shrug and was about walk out of the hall when the entrance of the hall opens.

A rather tan guy walks in. As we make eye contact, the guy eyes widen with shock but in a flash, it went back to his bored look.

I reframe myself from going up to hug him. He is the guy who brought me into basketball. The one who convinced the coach of Teiko to accept me. The one who left a huge scar on me. The one who broke my heart. The one I love even until now.

"Long time no see, Aomine Daiki,"