Chapter 1: Back in Japan

Aira Ryūzaki POV

"We will be landing in Japan soon," My eyes slowly open as I heard the announcement.

"Finally we will be back in Japan. Aren't you happy Ryūzaki?" My mother asks.

"Yeah Yeah," I lazily replied.

My name is Aira Ryūzaki Half Japanese, half American. My mother is Japanese while my father is an American and I'm born in Japan. My hobbies being sleeping and playing basketball when I don't find it boring. Was from Teiko Middle School. My likes are just basketball and sweets.

Have y'all heard of the 7th member of Generation of Miracles? Well, I was and still am the 7th member of the GoM. Being a girl in a full boys basketball team wasn't very easy. Mostly all the time I got a lot of insults. But when time went past, I gain lots of respect due to my speed, my skills, my accurate passing and my eyes. After middle school, we went our own paths. For me, I moved to America half way through my 2nd year in middle school after all of us had changed.

The moment I step out of the airport, I could even tell by the smell that Japan is way different than America of course.

Me and my parents took a taxi to our old house. On the way, I looked out into the city. At one point, we even passed by my middle school, Teiko Middle School. Lots of memories started to flood into my mind all at once.

Before I know it, we have reached our house. I just took my own luggage and I head inside first. I could hear my parents yelling at me to help them with the other stuff but I just ignore them.

I quickly head up to my room, throw my stuff at one side, collapse on my bed and just close my eyes to enjoy the silence. The reason how my bed is still clean until now is because of our relatives. They came to our house very week to clean when we were gone.

"That kid," I heard my mother said when she entered the house. There she goes forgetting that the walls of our house is not soundproof.

"Leave her alone. She is just tired from her flight," My father replied.

"You know that she's not. Because of that Aomine she became like this," My eyes flew open. It's been such a long time since I heard that name.

I closed back my eyes and drift off to a deep sleep

~The next day~

My eyes flew open as I felt a sharp pain on my back.

"Mom!" I yell while rubbing my back.

"I've called you so many times but you were not waking up so I got no choice," I roll my eyes."Faster get up. You have school today."

"What?!"

"You heard me. Go and get ready. Your uniform is over there," My mom point to my uniform which is just hanging on my closet's knob. She left my room and I'm alone again.

Sigh

"It wouldn't hurt to go to school right? I mean I got nothing to do at home anyways," I mumble to myself.

In the end, I got off my bed and did my morning routine. The moment I put on my uniform, I realised that it's been awhile that I wore a school uniform. Usually in America, we can just wear our own home clothes but you need to stick with the dress code.

I went down to the kitchen to grab something to eat for breakfast. In the end, I didn't have to because my mom made me breakfast.

"Come sit," my mom said while drinking her coffee. I hesitantly sat down and ate my breakfast.

"All your stuff is at the entrance. Your dad will bring you to school," My mom said when I ate finish my breakfast.

I look over to the entrance door of our house and there was my bag. Not only there was my new school bag but there are a pair of new shoes.

"Why are you being so nice?" I raised my eyebrow.

"This is called being a mother. Now go get ready. Your dad is waiting for you outside in the car," I got up, grab my bag, wear my shoes and head out.

Outside, I spotted my dad in his car on the driveway. I got into the passenger seat and he drove off. The whole ride to my school was just silence. I was just listening to music with my earphones while my dad just silently drive me to school.

"So are you excited to go to a new school?" My dad broke the silence.

"Not really," I simply replied.

"Are you planning to join the basketball club?" He asks. This is annoying.

"Tsk. If there is someone in the team that is able to beat me, I'll join. If not I won't," I replied. With that answer, my dad stop asking me questions.

Before I know it, the car came to a stop in front of the school.

"Well, this is your new school," My dad said.

"Got it," I got out of the car,"I'll send you the bus details on how to get home later. Have fun at your first day of school," With that my dad finally drove off.

I look at wall in front of me and there wrote the school's name.

"Touou," I read out the name out loud. If I'm not wrong, this school's basketball team is one of the top school. Well, this is interesting.

As I walk into the school, I could feel people eyes are on me.

"Who is she?"

"Is she a new student?"

"Hey she looks somehow familiar,"

"She looks scary,"

Man, don't they know anything about whispering? Regardless, I still made my way to the teacher's office.

~Timeskip~

After a good 15 minutes, I finally found the teacher's office thanks to some students. I entered the office and found my homeroom teacher.

"Ah you must be Aira Ryūzaki! I was wondering when would you be here. Come on let's go to class," My homeroom teacher walked out of the office and I followed along.

Third person POV

As Aira walked out of the teacher's office, a rather tan male came into the office through the back door. What they didn't know was they missed their chance in meeting each other.