3 - Planned accident

Life couldn't have felt more real for Anu. Her love came out of nowhere and messed it up completely though she was aware of what was happening around her. Even after all this, Anu felt sorry for him and was in a misconception that it was her fault.

Rajesh was by her side giving the moral support and emotional support that she requires. On the other hand, Karthik was ready to throw his hands on Lavanya and Aditya.

"Sorry," Anu apologized after dropping out of his arms. She wiped her runny nose and watery tears.

"Don - Don't say that. If it helped you in some or the other way… then that is all I need," tears pooled up in his eyes too. Without his permission, a couple of tears rolled down his cheeks. "Ah! Look at you making everyone cry," he said, laying his finger on the corner of his eye not believing that he could end up crying because of Anu – no, end up crying for Anu.

A gentle smile on Anu's face showed up like a sparkle. Nothing could have consoled her more than the fact that she has people who do take care about her.

Rajesh further said, "I really want you to know that I am always here for you, Anu. Just - Just give me a call when you feel alone or bored. I can pay you a visit atleast once a day".

"Appreciate it! But what if I still feel alone? - What if I am still bored in spite of you spending an hour or more with me?"

An hour. That is all Rajesh could take out of his busy schedule. Stating out excuses would do nothing good. So, he decided to come up with something funny.

"Well, I am not married yet," he came up with a quirky line that made Anu burst out in laughter. "...at least in that way, I could spend some time with you," he further said, putting an effort to change the atmosphere.

When Anu was laughing her heart out, "So, tell me. When will we get married?" he asked to lift her mood up and it really did work.

The laughs that echoed were evidence of the warmth they shared all the while. After a few years, when Anu turns back to look at those moments she had with Rajesh, this will be the first one!

They say time is too short for someone who rejoices in the moments. It was proved by Karthik's entrance.

Looking at the stone-cold face of his, their smiles faded away slowly. "Lavanya Ma'am wants you to meet her in her cabin," Karthik did his duty of passing on the information.

She grabbed the documents.

While she was leaving, Karthik caught her wrist. "Ma'am… the moment you leave this room, we are done," he was displeased by her decision to quit.

"Karthik!" his brother yelled.

Unlocking herself from the tight grip of his which was contrary to the look on his eyes, Anu said, "If that is what you want - we are done!" and the moment Anu stormed out of the room, he broke down in tears.

Rajesh was astounded to see his brother cry so hard for Anu. Of course, it was a bit emotional for everyone to let her go but for Karthik, it was literally a kind of trauma.

Karthik also made it kind of difficult for Anu. Just for his sake, she reconsidered her decision a lot of times. Yet, she still came up with the same conclusion.

Standing in front the cabin, she thought it would be too decent of her if she seeks permission to get in. Hence, she just barged in.

"Here you go!" Anu said, giving the envelope.

Deep down, even Lavanya didn't want to let her go. Not being brave enough to ask her to stay, she thought of letting her know indirectly. "As I am a good friend, I will give you another chance to – "