4 - Treatment of love

After 6 days:

All Anu could feel was only numbness in her right hand, pain in her head and fear in heart. The fact that she had to save her son was the only thing that woke her up. True, 6 days is a long time! But she didn't know that it had been six days.

Her body felt as if it was fermented for days together. Not being able to move, she opened her eyes to an extent and looked around. That day, her wish of having Gautham right beside her while closing her eyes didn't come true but today… the moment she gained her consciousness, she saw him sitting right beside her.

She put all her energy into waking up but everything was in vain. That is how injured she was!

Sensing that something was moving, Gautham, who was having a nap, opened his eyes to see what it was. To his surprise, it was his love who won the battle against death.

Gautham thought that he almost lost her.

Lending some support, he helped her to sit. The first thing Anu asked was about her son. "Vik - " she cleared her throat. "Vikram?" she asked. Anu could not speak more than that. Giving a look of assurance, "He is safe!" Gautham said.

Not having energy to talk anymore, she laid back. That one assurance she needed was given by someone she trusts a lot. "It's okay even if I die now!" she thought, closing her eyes.

After having a sound sleep for five hours, she woke up again and this time she felt better. She was energetic enough to complain about life.

"They say it is better not to get hurt. You know why?" she asked Gautham who was doing some work on his laptop. The second he heard her voice, he rushed to her.

"It's okay. I am fine!" she said, looking at him getting anxious over this. Taking his help, she woke up and sat in a comfortable position.

Tapping on the bed, "Sit here," she whispered and Gautham followed her orders. "You know why people say it is better not to get hurt?" she repeated the question. Gautham could not utter a word. as all his emotions were stuck in the middle of his throat.

"It is because healing is a tiring process!" she said that made all his emotions come out in the form of tears. Gautham avoided eye contact as he felt he was responsible for all this.

Taking her tiny palms into his palms, "I am really sorry, Anu. I should've picked your – "

"Stop blaming yourself for every little thing that happens around you," she said. Though she didn't yell at him, Anu picking up a fight with him was a sign of her energy levels. "You are not at fault for this! Actually… I am the one who should thank you for taking care of Vikram," she said.

"Is he only your son?" he asked, looking at her with teary eyes. Her lips widened hearing that.

In the world full of toxicity and a room full of silence, she found her painkillers in his eyes. Her eyes thanked him in all the languages she ever knew and his eyes confessed his love in all the languages he never knew!

They both stared at each other for quite a long time and initiated the hug at the same time. That hug at that time was very much needed for both. The embrace was gentle to let each other breathe.

Words to define that one moment… PURE!

She snuggled her face in his neck and he was stroking her hair.

"Stay for a while! My body's recharging," she whispered under her breath.

"Mine too!" he said.

After a couple of minutes, "Eyes are watching!" he whispered right into her ear as quietly as possible. She didn't show any reaction as she understood what it was about. He further said, "Don't talk about that accident. This room is tapped!"