Thoughts x and x Tribulations

"So," Netero began, tapping his pen against his notebook. "What do you think of the exam so far?"
"Well... it's interesting. I've made a lot of friends."
"I see. Out of everyone here, who have you been keeping an eye on?"
"44 and 301- Hisoka and Gittarackur. I've been wary of them since the beginning."
Is he interviewing me? How many questions is he gonna ask? I hope this isn't a secret phase or something...
"And who do you not want to fight the most?"
"The same two... and my friends, of course."

Netero set his notebook down. "Why did you decide to take the Hunter Exam?"
I hesitated. I didn't expect the chairman himself to ask that. "...I wanted to see what it was like." Technically, that wasn't a lie. There was just a lot more to it.
He nodded. "That's understandable. I was very surprised to see you here in person... Lady Akiryana."

I shot up, and the chair I was sitting in fell back. Lady... Akiryana? Why does that sound so familiar? That's a name, right? Is it mine? "How do you-"
"Now now, don't panic. I won't report this. After all, I'm very interested in your future as a hunter."
Slowly, I relaxed, trying to calm my heartbeat. "You say that like I've already passed the exam."
"Let's just say I have confidence in your skills."
I tried for an unbothered smile . "A compliment from the chairman himself? I'm flattered."
"And I'm honored that you came all the way from Hokuto to take the exam."
Hokuto?

He glanced at a clock. "Oh, looks like our time is up. Find me later, and then we'll talk. Next applicant, please!"
A man in black entered the room, escorting me out. "Hey, wait-!" I still have a million questions...

I walked through the empty hall, thinking about what Netero said. He knows who I am. Or at least, this body. He seems to have recognized me, but he doesn't know me personally. He called me Lady Akiryana. He also said that I was from a place called Hokuto. They sound familiar, but only vaguely... If only I had a computer, I'd look them up!

I opened the door to the waiting room. "Aki, how did it go?" Gon asked, waving me over.
"Oh, he asked who I was keeping an eye on and who I didn't want to fight. Just some basic questions." I decided not to tell them about the rest. Killua's eyes lingered on me a little longer. He could probably tell that I was feeling nervous.

Netero seemed to sure that I would pass, but I wasn't looking forward to the next and final phase. More importantly, I had to find out who "Akiryana" was and where Hokuto was.

(A/N: new chapter 😈😈. Also, Akiryana is pronounced "Uh-keery-on-a," and アキリアナ in katakana. Another mystery has been uncovered!)