The x Fifty-First x Egg

Fluffy white hair, striking sapphire eyes, a white t-shirt over a blue turtleneck, gray shorts, and purple and white shoes with a strange design. He carried a yellow and red skateboard and wore a bored expression.

Killua Zoldyck.

His name rang in my head. Even without confirmation, I automatically knew that was his name. Killua... I was almost overwhelmed with the memories filling my head.

The Zoldycks. A family of assassins who live on a mountain. Five siblings... and three friends? The frustratingly blurry images of three people flashed in my head. A boy around Killua's age with spiky dark hair and bright amber eyes... a man with glasses and a suit... and a blond one with red eyes. No, scarlet.

Who are they? Why do they look so familiar?

All of a sudden, one keyword flooded my mind, and everything else stopped.

Hunter x Hunter.

A show.

I began to have flashbacks of random events I was sure I'd never been to and seeing people I'd never met.

A girl with pigtails and a dark pink dress. A black-haired man with an untucked shirt. A little boy with tan skin and a gi. Some weird creature with green armor-like skin, almost like a ninja turtle. A little girl with bushy white hair and thick eyebrows. She was crying. Another man with chestnut eyes and blond hair in a brown suit.

An old man with only his right hand and left leg standing in a hall of light, the amber-eyed boy blowing out a candle, the scarlet blond standing in front of huge wolf-like man. He had chains wrapped around his hand, and his eyes were glowing an intense red color.

The scarlet eyes.

The Kurta Clan.

The Phantom Troupe.

I saw the clown basta- I mean Hisoka with some kind of pink gum stuck to his finger, and a tall white building in the middle of a city. Finally, I saw thirteen figures standing side by side. I couldn't make out many details besides their bodies.

There was a bright flash of lighting before I could finally focus on my surroundings again. Oh my God. I pinched the bridge of my nose and leaned against the wall, keeping an eye on Killua. So... these people, these places and objects... they were all from a show I used to watch called Hunter x Hunter. Why couldn't I remember this earlier? It has been a long, long time, but still... I didn't even remember many events from it. Just bits and pieces.

Of course. Of all the places I had to end up in. I was still partially convinced this was a dream because of how ridiculous the premise was. Why couldn't the universe drop me off in a show I actually remembered, like The Amazing World of Gumball?

Anyway, the real question was: how did I get here? Who or what did this? For what reason? And why me? Really, why? I buried my head in my hands and took a deep breath. Calm down... panicking will do you no good. My situation was absolutely ridiculous. I'd read some fanfiction about it, sure, but... I mean, I was in an animated television show, adapted from a manga. How absurd was that?

Just then, I heard a loud rumbling sound and straightened up. What's happening? I stopped when I saw the huge walls begin to part. All eyes were on it. That means...

The Hunter Exam has started.