Maroon

Hatsumi Sen x Reader

--

Hatsumi Sen was known for being calm. You disagreed.

The man was nothing short of a hurricane: fast winds, heavy rain, and you were always uncertain if you would come out unscathed. He fought with the title of The Floating Cloud. You knew for a fact that he wasn't as elusive as his fighting style showed him to be.

There was a much more simple answer to why he acted the way he did: he was a jerk. He was inconsiderate, lazy, and incapable of feeling emotion in your experience.

While the woman named Shion, who you had a special bond with and adored, was the love he most often talked about, he was with you for the longest. You sat next to him in your first class of high school, and he hadn't left you alone since. Decades of being together, breaking up, then being together again had taken no toll on him. The same couldn't be said for you.

The greatest source of love and heartbreak in your adult life was a man no one could seem to tame. You wished you would have realized it sooner.

Hatsumi was sweet. Every time when you began again, he was the most attentive man you'd ever seen. He let you sleep in, paid for everything, and stared at you like you hung the stars in the sky. You drank under the moon and pretended the world only existed for you two. Hatsumi Sen was a dream come to life; until he wasn't.

Red wine shared turned into empty bottles spilling on your counter because he let himself get bad again. The merlot he knew was your favorite turned to cheap vodka because he knew he could buy more of it and get drunk quicker. Soft touches turned to only reconciling in the bedroom, Sen in denial about his own ignorance of you.

You became an anchor to the cloud that was Hatsumi Sen.

You did everything right. You cooked, you cleaned, and you gave him your heart and your soul, but it was never enough. The stars he saw in your eyes he now found in his Kengan fights and the one local bar that hadn't thrown him out yet. You were nothing more than a hindrance dragging him down into a life he didn't want.

The first last straw was your two-year anniversary. You started officially dating after Shion broke up with him for the first time. He was almost intolerable now, but he was drinking less and kinder than he had been since the start of your relationship. He bought you dinner and a necklace, a necklace that had never been taken off after he gave it to you.

Sitting in a satin gown with a high slit in his favorite high-class restaurant, you swore you would never speak to that man again.

You had been waiting for an hour. You texted and called until you knew there was no other explanation than his ignorance. The waiter let you have the drinks for free as long as you took the napkin with his number on it he gave you. You solemnly nodded and promised with a false smile that you would call. As you walked out you threw the napkin on a nearby dirty plate.

Sen won his fight. It was an easy win, but something in his mind nagged at him. He shook it off.

When Sen returned home from the match, he found all of his items thrown out in the hallway of your apartment complex. He unlocked the door and saw your nice heels thrown in two different places, his favorite dress of yours slumped in a pile outside of your closed bedroom door.

Looking down at his phone, Sen read the last message you sent.

Happy anniversary, asshole.

That was the first time you broke up with him. The fourth time's the charm, they say, but your heart couldn't seem to shake him. Hatsumi Sen couldn't seem to shake your iron anchor grip, either.

You didn't talk for months. His number changed so often you didn't bother when you were back together, taking his word at face value because you loved him. He stocked the kitchen with merlot and you broke out his favorite soft bedsheets when he inevitably moved back in. He held you in his arms and told you he loved you with scarlet lips.

He cried on his knees when you said you were leaving and you were never coming back. You'd never seen him cry, let alone beg from the ground for you to stay.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Please, please, don't leave. I need you." He wrapped his arms around your hips and cried into your abdomen, reality finally setting in for him. His hair was down and it took everything in you to not drop your duffel bag and kiss him senseless, condemning yourself to more suffering just for his love.

You lifted his head and connected your lips.

It was the last time he would ever taste your merlot, a memory so violent in his mind that he still has to sit down after recalling it. He sat helpless in the apartment that was once yours as you closed the door and headed into your new life. A life without him.

It had been years since he last saw you when he caught a glimpse of your profile during the Annihilation Tournament.

You were beautiful, more beautiful than you were when you loved him all those years ago. You glowed and laughed and smiled so big he thought he must have been dreaming, only to follow the arm that wrapped around your shoulders.

You stared at Wakatsuki Takeshi with more love in your eyes than he ever saw from you. The necklace he never saw leave your neck for fifteen years was missing, and instead, a diamond ring decorated your left hand.

Hatsumi Sen promised himself he would never let another anchor go again.

the lips i used to call home, so scarlet, it was maroon

--

heyyy how yall doing

if you have no idea what these chapter titles are I'm going to be doing a short imagine for every track off of taylor swift's new album midnights!!

this is installment two of the series which will have 13 parts. and if you don't like taylor swift or just don't know her the chapters are only based on the lyrics so you need no knowledge of her to read them. also a lot of these songs are about hating your ex so if it says like 'ohma x reader' it may be telling the story of their past relationship and all of the hurt and not a good and healthy romance lmao