𝟏𝟔..

ᴏᴠᴇʀ-ᴛʜʀᴏɴᴇᴅ

It was about 8 in the morning , We were all getting ready to hit the road the kids decided to ride with me and Rashun.

"Make sure y'all pack everything y'all need ! i don't want y'all forgetting anything" i slightly yelled.

Rashun finished packing bringing all of our suitcases downstairs "Baby why do you need 2 suitcases ? we only there for the weekend" Rashun chuckled

"A woman has to change her outfit for every event baby" I giggled , Rashun helped me bring the luggage into the car.

"Auntie we ready" Kierra and J drew came outside , they quickly hopped inside the car "Let me grab my phone " i went back inside.

I was hoping this trip would help us as a family, especially since Jacky decided not to come.

"Doe baby come on" Rashun yelled , i quickly ran down the stairs and went to the car.

My phone ranged "Yes mother" i say "Dorinda you better be out that house ! i don't have time for you being late " mattie yelled over the phone.

"Mama we about to go on the road now " i said as i put on my seat belt.

She hung up the phone "Make sure y'all buckled up" i said to the kids.

As we finally hit the road it was a bit quiet, i start to feel pain in my arms . i curled up on the passenger seat.

"You okay ma?" Rashun asked looking over as he rubbed my thighs "Mhmh" i replied

"Baby we here" Rashun gently tapped me and kissed my cheek , i sat there still curled up from the pain.

J drew & Rashun helped me out the car, i began limping "Hallelujah we made it!" Karen said getting out the car.

Karen instantly came over to me as she seen the condition i was in "Dorinda what happen? is everything okay?" She asked.

"I'm just a bit stiff today but i'm alright" i said with a fake smile , My mother also came over to make sure i was okay.

We walked into the cabin "Aw man, there's so many memories here , Karen and Twinkie was conceived here" Mattie whispered to me and Karen.

"Mama really" Karen spoke , we all laughed

Rashun and Me decided to go pick a room, i always had to have the best room when it came to trips.

"I love this! this is definitely ours" i smiled as i slowly sat on the bed "Baby you sure you wanna stay here all weekend? i don't want you stressing ma"

Rashun began to unpack "I'm sure babe, i promise i won't put my hands on anybody" i chuckled.

As we unpacked i heard some ruckus downstairs, Denise and Twinkie had arrived.

"Where's D?" Denise asked, i rolled my eyes walking down the stairs.

"Hey Doe!" Twinkie came slightly running to me "Hi big sister!" we hugged.

I walked over to check out the rest of the cabin, i seen baby pictures of myself and my sisters "Wish i could heal this little girl" i said to myself.

Staring at the picture i felt someone's presence behind me "You were adorable" My mother said rubbing my back .

I smiled "So you and Daddy use to come here a lot?" i asked

"Yes , especially when we were arguing a lot we decided to come here to help with the fighting so it could bring us closer" Mama says.